Login    Register
  • Author
Nexus display garbled and freezes

Postby philipgr » Sat 7. Jan 2017, 14:33

Good afternoon

The display in my nexus does not show my ages and items. It just shows 'Link Name' and 'Link Info' on each line. After it displays the game freezes. I have done a search on this forum and the net but I have found nothing. How do I fix this? I have an image of my issue but I do not know how to attach it.

Regards
Philip
:cry:
philipgr

MOULa Name: philipgr
MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL Name: philipgr
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Nexus display garbled and freezes

Postby bianca » Sun 8. Jan 2017, 10:39

Shorah philipgr

I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, and does not encounter any problems with TOC-MOUL.

I see a subject that mentions the difference between TOC-MOUL and TOC-TPOST. I think that before you installed it, you had to be aware of the differences?

Here they are:
TOC-MOUL activates the last live version (no cd needed) while TOC-TPOST activates the old live (ABM + TPOTS cd installation or Complete Chronicles is required to play).
So these are two very distinct Live. What you have created on one side, appear no in the other.

I hope you will find favorable responses for you help?

I have this link for image, it is easy http://www.hostingpics.net/

I made a mini tutorial, I hope this will help?

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... klim01.jpg
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... m02srh.jpg
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... 004srh.jpg

Good luck to you ;)
bianca

MOULa Name: bianca
MOULa KI#: 6215318
TOC-MOUL Name: bianca
TOC-MOUL KI#: 502683

Postby philipgr » Sun 8. Jan 2017, 23:32

Hi Bianca

Thank you for your response and suggestions I appreciate it. I will give the site a try. I will use google to translate the French. I do know the differences between TOC-MOUla and tPotS.

I copied my unmodified offline CC to another folder which I am using for tPotS. I did as the TOC site says you need to do. When I ran the patch it changed my TOC-MOULa shortcut to point to tPotS, rather annoying. Since I ran the patch and started playing tPotS I have encountered a large number of problems. Under the 'How To Play' tab they do not tell you that you need drizzle. They also do not tell you that in order to use any of the TOC-MOULa ages (pod, Minkata, Jalak) and the Myst V ages linking books you need to import them into tPotS. If you do not the game crashes. I know this because I did this with my other offline CC installation (I have an unpatched one and a patched one). I initially found out on the DI forum how to import the Myst V ages into DI. I have also imported them into UAM.

All these ages book covers looked like the Bevin book. Eventually I decided to install the offline KI which fixed my Nexus problem and added the correct covers to the linking books. :D :D They do not tell you that you need to install the offline KI. My Teledahn kept crashing whenever I clicked on any objects. I searched the net aznd found out that if you run the game in XP SP3 mode it works. I did that and problem was resolved. I am fairly experienced with URU Live and had a battle so I feel sorry for new players that are novices to the game who may battle to fix these types of issues.

They also do not tell you that you need drizzle to use the fan age linking books in your bookcase nor what url to add into drizzle. I posted a query here and was advised to use the DI one whic is the same as the one I am using.

This evening I got a new problem. I was moving my soccer ball to the cage when it fell through a hidden hole in the desert floor. It is now stuck below the floor. I have no idea how to get it out. The xyz commands do not work in this shard so I cannot move it, and unlike DI exiting the age does not move it back to its default place.

Oh well.

Best regards
Philip
:D :D :D
philipgr

MOULa Name: philipgr
MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL Name: philipgr
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Postby Korovev » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 15:39

philipgr wrote:Under the 'How To Play' tab they do not tell you that you need drizzle.

Actually, they do, though it is only mentioned (here are the instructions):
a. Install URU as you normally would. Important: Do NOT install it to C:\Program Files , instead install it to "My Documents" or another internal/external HD, otherwise you might encounter problems with using drizzle.

According to this post, though, it seems you shouldn’t install the Offline KI :?
ImageImage
Ready-made shard wrappers, Wineskin guide, D’ni language notes, D’ni UCSUR font, DniTools
ReGalpo Rilesa téníen šemtí!
Korovev

MOULa KI#: 46116
TOC-MOUL KI#: 236871
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 55350
DI KI#: 194197
Gehn Shard KI#: 137074
Minkata KI#: 132812

Postby bianca » Tue 10. Jan 2017, 09:57

Shorah

:arrow: Hello Philipgr

I see that Korovev has brought all the solutions, a precious help, I think that to return in the previous version is the best thing that you can do.

I had played URU on solo with Drizzle and had no worries.

Good continuation to you in the best conditions ;)

Regards
bianca
bianca

MOULa Name: bianca
MOULa KI#: 6215318
TOC-MOUL Name: bianca
TOC-MOUL KI#: 502683

Postby Korovev » Tue 10. Jan 2017, 13:09

If you first installed fan Ages using the old, unmaintained repository, then changed it, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. If you start getting problems again, I’d suggest starting with a fresh install.

As for the soccer ball, I’m not sure if it works here, but you could try the /!resetage command; keep in mind though that it will reset Minkata to its initial state.
ImageImage
Ready-made shard wrappers, Wineskin guide, D’ni language notes, D’ni UCSUR font, DniTools
ReGalpo Rilesa téníen šemtí!
Korovev

MOULa KI#: 46116
TOC-MOUL KI#: 236871
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 55350
DI KI#: 194197
Gehn Shard KI#: 137074
Minkata KI#: 132812

Return to Technical Discussion