Login    Register
  • Author
Re: Your chance to get your own shirt!

Postby Alien » Sat 23. Mar 2013, 13:46

NellieBly wrote:If this is still on, I'd like to have a go. Have downloaded the texture files, will work on them.

Question: will more feminine attire ever be available here? After all, you're in a cave, only a maintainer suit can really protect you: baggy hiking shorts don't help in a cave-in.

It's not like I'm asking for a posh frock: just something simple, like Catherine's blouse from Riven, just longer so it's a tunic dress (cut out the shoulder pads and it will be perfect). Then the options of tights/leggings instead of slacks.

Possible?

new actual clothing is possible IF you know how to make new clothes in 3D modelling programs.
Doing a re-texture on the T-Shirts is easy (if I can do it, it must be easy), but actually making new clothes? not so easy, I think.

That doesn't mean it can't be done ... but it would take someone who knows what they are doing, to make it work.
How to use some Not So Basic Commands in TOC

TOC is Image
Alien

MOULa KI#: 14279348
TOC-MOUL KI#: 201394
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Postby Mystler » Sat 23. Mar 2013, 20:44

I honestly have not seen someone modeling clothing like this for URU yet. Besides the clothing system is a bit messy.
Yes, it is possible but it is HARD.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Postby NellieBly » Sun 24. Mar 2013, 01:36

I understand hard... Real clothing is hard. The work done by seamstresses is not widely appreciated.

What i am asking about here, is to copy and modify the copies of existing clothing.

How hard is that?

As far as tights, one could get away with deleting the pants entire and putting colour on the legs.

I would really like tights.

Mystler wrote:I honestly have not seen someone modeling clothing like this for URU yet. Besides the clothing system is a bit messy.
Yes, it is possible but it is HARD.
NellieBly

MOULa Name: NellieBly
MOULa KI#: 20259397
TOC-MOUL Name: NellieBly
TOC-MOUL KI#: 214235

Postby Mystler » Sun 24. Mar 2013, 17:44

I'm sorry if I lost you there, but I thought (viewing your examples) that we are talking about creating new clothing. What would you have in mind to copy?

Btw, if, by modifying, you mean making changes to the model itself, that's gonna be quite the same as creating a new model because you cannot easily get the existing clothing models and the clothing is not just one model but several more as you can change the avatar from skinny to fat and every millimeter has to be in the right position or your final avatar will look awful.
Mystler
Development Manager

Postby NellieBly » Mon 25. Mar 2013, 19:07

To make a tshirt or Catherine's tunic longer, about mid-thigh is what i has in mind. Somehow i thought copying & modifying would be easier than creating from scratch... But. No worries. Every millimetre in the right place: just like real life. We just take it for granted.

Learned what i came to learn... Will need to develop a higher level of skill before volunteering for this one.
NellieBly

MOULa Name: NellieBly
MOULa KI#: 20259397
TOC-MOUL Name: NellieBly
TOC-MOUL KI#: 214235

Postby AlanD » Mon 25. Mar 2013, 20:10

Nellie,
My wife is a dress and costume maker, so I do know something of the skills required. A wiser man than me once characterised dressmaking as the construction of three-dimensional structures, often load-bearing, using two-dimensional materials with a variety of flexibility and stretch. To which I would add that the customer is only interested in how it looks. But I digress (and I'm really good at it :) )

The Uru wardrobe separates upper and lower body options, so a tunic or dress is a huge challenge. Skirts are more likely, but even here Cyan chose not to include any such options in the set, at least partly because modelling their behaviour during walking, running, climbing, jumping and falling is much more challenging than for trousers.

Working with what we've got, a sufficiently talented programmer may be able to start from the shorts and create something that would work. I expect it would exhibit Supergirl-skirt tendencies (drooling fanboys want to know WHY her skirt NEVER blows around in the wind, even when she's coming in to land !) and still need a lot of work to look reasonable in animation. But it would be a new class of clothing, something that had to be created from scratch. Such programmers are not easy to find.
AlanD

MOULa Name: AlanD
MOULa KI#: 20338113
TOC-MOUL Name: AlanD
TOC-MOUL KI#: 209238
DI Name: AlanD
DI KI#: 197802
Gehn Shard Name: AlanD
Gehn Shard KI#: 135624

Postby Vaughan » Fri 15. Aug 2014, 09:33

Hallo Mystler.
Zuerst mal ein dickes Lob für Eure super Arbeit :D . TOC-Moul ist mittlerweile zu meinem Lieblingsshard geworden.
Ich weiss wieviel Zeitaufwand und Engagement Euch das Projekt abverlangt. Daher mal die vorsichtige Frage:

Gilt das Angebot mit den eigenen Shirts noch ? Ich würde gerne ein Shirt für die German NULPs in TOC haben.
Wie sieht es mit den Farben aus ? Wenn ich die Datei in grau lasse, kann man die Farbe des Shirts dann ändern ?
Eure Erlaubnis vorausgesetzt habe ich einfach mal Euer TOC-Logo mit benutz. Ich hoffe Ihr gestattet das :?:

Hier sind meine Entwürfe:

Für die Dame:

und für den Herrn:

Es wäre toll, wenn meine Idee bei Euch Anklang finden würde.

Grüsse und Shorah

Vaughan
Vaughan

MOULa Name: Vaughan
MOULa KI#: 34641
TOC-MOUL Name: Vaughan
TOC-MOUL KI#: 318005
DI Name: Vaughan
DI KI#: 240154

Postby Mystler » Fri 15. Aug 2014, 12:00

Hi, ich nehme mich der Sache gern an. Falls du du das Design mit Photoshop oder GIMP gemacht hast, wäre es Klasse, wenn du mir die Projektdatei (PSD) zukommen lassen könntest. Das würde mir die Nachbearbeitung erleichtern.
Mystler
Development Manager

Postby Vaughan » Fri 15. Aug 2014, 14:23

SUUUUper und vielen Dank Mystler. Hab Dir grad ne PN geschickt mit den Downloadlinks der PSD-Dateien :D
Vaughan

MOULa Name: Vaughan
MOULa KI#: 34641
TOC-MOUL Name: Vaughan
TOC-MOUL KI#: 318005
DI Name: Vaughan
DI KI#: 240154

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue 17. Feb 2015, 14:47

hello, everyone. is this offer still valid ? i sent a PM to Opa. got no reply yet.
i made a GUILD OF WIZARDS logo (PNG file) for our t-shirts but have no idea what to do next :?
please help. thanks
Last edited by Zesty of Xeniphers on Thu 19. Feb 2015, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
Zesty of Xeniphers

MOULa Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
MOULa KI#: 20053
TOC-MOUL Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
TOC-MOUL KI#: 250135
DI Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
DI KI#: 218448

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Addons