Login    Register
  • Author
Urusetup.exe crashes?

Postby Fay » Sat 5. May 2012, 18:15

So when I press The open cave on my desktop (as administrator), It lets me login, It then starts to patch but then it crashes:

What am I doing wrong?
Fay

MOULa Name: Ailis
MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL Name: Fay
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard Name: Fay
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata Name: Fay
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Urusetup.exe crashes?

Postby Jogi » Sun 6. May 2012, 11:00

If your problem still exists, play around a little bit with connection setting.

If this does not help ignore the crash and restart URU over and over again until all updates are done. Unfortunately, I don't know any better solution.

(To reduce the amount of updates during URU startup remove the check mark at "Update all ages on launch". Then the game crashes, however, if you enter an Age which must be updated.:(
But after the update and crash you can enter the Age without risk ;) )

Addendum:
Your Screenshot shows "Checking for updated files..."! This looks like a problem during the patcher is searching in your installation after files which needed to be updated. Possibly your installation is not correct (files missing) or you do not have full access to the installation folder?
Maybe you find some clues in Lockup After File Updates in URUSETUP.EXE or Here is great compatibility settings for TOC for PC!.

Sorry, that's all I can say hereto. :oops:
Jogi

MOULa Name: Jogi.de
MOULa KI#: 16673208
TOC-MOUL Name: Jogi
TOC-MOUL KI#: 103367
TOC-TPOTS Name: Jogi
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 36461
DI Name: Jogi
DI KI#: 142405
Gehn Shard Name: Jogi
Gehn Shard KI#: 32678

Postby Fay » Sun 6. May 2012, 14:44

Okay, So I uninstalled and reinstalled Uru, Made sure all files related to it were gone including the gehn and minkata shards. Went into the game so the updates would apply. I ran the installer, pointed towards the right folder, everything goes fine.

I then tried both the urusetup.exe directly and the desktop shortcut, ran in different compatibility modes, as administrator and all the suggestions on those topics. I tried changing settings, both graphic and internet speed. I ticked the box to update all ages (which it did), it seems to have updated everything fine. I can login just fine.

It's not until I press play that it locks up, When the File progress bar is full and at the bottom it says 'checking for updated files' I do seem to get a slightly different errors from the above picture:

and this one:

Also I just tried running the Urulauncher.exe and I get this error:

Error in console file C, command line 1: Invalid syntax: command not found:
Command:'DataServer.Remote'
Press OK to continue parsing files.

(I press ok,It then boots up the game and starts the update, then when it's done and it's still on the black loading screen it gives another error:)

Error in console file C, command line 1: Invalid syntax: command not found:
Command:'Nav.PageInHoldList GlobalAnimations'
Press OK to continue parsing files.

(I press ok again, this time nothing happens but the process is still running in the background)

So now neither the normal Uru nor Open Cave works.
Fay

MOULa Name: Ailis
MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL Name: Fay
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0
Gehn Shard Name: Fay
Minkata Name: Fay

Postby G. Sylar » Sun 6. May 2012, 16:54

What do you use for an operating system?

If you use Internet Explorer, which version do you have? Or perhaps someone makes you recently upgraded your browser?

For I had been similar problems. At least as far as the tPots shards.

regards
Sylar
G. Sylar

MOULa Name: Sylar
MOULa KI#: 14011585
TOC-MOUL Name: Sylar
TOC-MOUL KI#: 2440

Postby Jogi » Sun 6. May 2012, 16:59

I just tested a new TOC tPots installation with an unused copy of a URU Complete Chronicles installation! And the whole update of about 65 MBytes went down the wire without any problems. And the game started successfully and I was linked into my Relto. Well, from server side there is no faulty behaviour, I think!

Fay wrote:
...Made sure all files related to it were gone including the gehn and minkata shards.
[...]
So now neither the normal Uru nor Open Cave works.

:!: TOC tPots neither has something to do with files from Gehn or Minkata shard nor should it affect your normal Uru (MOULa?). :!:

Did you read "How to Play on the TOC Shard"? So first make sure you took the right URU. Though The Open Cave - Client Patcher v3 allows you to patch a MOULa installation, this won't work then. :!:

I am no technician, so I don't know how to tackle the details in your screenshots, sorry.

(Always use a copy of your installed URU before patching it to a specific shard!)
Jogi

MOULa Name: Jogi.de
MOULa KI#: 16673208
TOC-MOUL Name: Jogi
TOC-MOUL KI#: 103367
TOC-TPOTS Name: Jogi
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 36461
DI Name: Jogi
DI KI#: 142405
Gehn Shard Name: Jogi
Gehn Shard KI#: 32678