Login    Register
  • Author
Re: Emergency Update - Coming soon!

Postby Scarchu » Sat 8. Dec 2012, 11:34

Jogi wrote:Okay, Mystler, your version is the official version. What Seppolo tried to say, there might be an unofficial version, for which reasons soever?

Regarding OpenUru to me there are some big mysteriums. Maybe somebody can clear them up (maybe I should post this in a more appropriate forum?):

• Before Cyan World Inc. handled over the game to the Open Source team they had to check the contents against licences from third parties, of course. And because they knew to which companies they paid licence fees, it were been an easy thing to address to these companies and ask them to check the contents for violating their interests. And because the game (parts of it) was going to become Open Source, that would be possible without violating the interests of Cyan World Inc. -- Why did this not happen in the past but does in the present? I think it is missing respect for the OpenUru team!
  • We have Cavcon, we have Cavcon parties, we have prayer mill like appeals to donate. But why shall I donate to a service which is driven by a commercial company? That's not donating, that's paying a fee, even it is free up to me paying! Either Cyan World Inc. builds a group of volunteers inside or the financial aspect of this game service remains their problem.
    BTW I already donated long ago for full ten month (March till December). I am not an experienced online user, so I cannot tell what would be a fair amount. I can tell the amount, if anybody wishes, and we can discuss whether it was enough money or not. But it seems to me the level of donating to Cyan World Inc. is a further mysterium.
  • What has OpenUru to do with Cyan World Inc.? Why must we players fetch every new developed game version from the Myst Online servers. There has to be a static, unchanged game version provided from Cyan World Inc. The OpenUru team releases a patcher which we player run over the Cyan's static, unchanged game client and then we get the newest OpenUru client which we can play without Cyan World Inc. Why shall Cyan World Inc. get profits from the latest improvements from the OpenUru team? IMO "Myst Online: Uru Live" is still a commercial figurehead of Cyan World Inc.!

So this is my view of the things around OpenUru. I do not want to offend anybody, just published my thoughts!

Bravo !!! Excellent questions, asked in an excellent way!!!
Thank you Jogi, for asking these well known problems!
Scarchu

MOULa Name: Scarchu_BG
MOULa KI#: 11995668
TOC-MOUL Name: Scarchu
TOC-MOUL KI#: 3349
TOC-TPOTS Name: Scarchu
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 36096
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Postby Ehren » Sun 9. Dec 2012, 01:27

Ok, to change subject a bit here...

Mystler wrote:Also some good news: The latest (awesome) fixes and improvements by the H-uru/GoW devs, that will also be released on the Gehn shard soon, will be included in this update.

Do we know what kind of stuff specifically that this was referring too?
Ehren

MOULa KI#: 52872
TOC-MOUL KI#: 301538
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 150122

Postby Jogi » Mon 10. Dec 2012, 15:39

To Ehren:
Looking into a thread of OpenUru.org forums starting with this post "Minkata Shard Update: September 29, 2012" may inform you.

Scarchu, maybe it's the starting Christmas Time or the wrong thread/forum or a taboo subject I touched lightly, why your reaction is still the only one. :?:

Until now there was no need to me for an account at Myst Online: Uru Live Forums or at OpenUru.org forums, but this may change in future.
Currently, I must confess, my little work on an Uru Age lies in a deep winter sleep and I am focused on other games residing on my computer harddrive. :|

But one day I might pop out my questions again regarding OpenUru and will put them into the right forum. :roll:
Jogi

MOULa Name: Jogi.de
MOULa KI#: 16673208
TOC-MOUL Name: Jogi
TOC-MOUL KI#: 103367
TOC-TPOTS Name: Jogi
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 36461
DI Name: Jogi
DI KI#: 142405
Gehn Shard Name: Jogi
Gehn Shard KI#: 32678

Postby Mystler » Fri 14. Dec 2012, 13:53

@Ehren, you will get more information when the update goes live.

Btw, I can also announce that we will have a little surprise for you then. ;)
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Postby Mystler » Tue 18. Dec 2012, 14:07

Okay, v10 is released and I hope everything runs fine. We will also put up an archive as long as there is no installer on our website, so it is possible to set up a client again. I'm still here until Thursday to try to fix problems, if there are any. From Dec 20 until Jan 6, however, I am in my hometown and will probably have no possibility to work on the client.

As soon as I am back, there will probably be another update that includes stuff that is still being tested.

Until then:
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
~Mystler
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Re: Emergency Update - Completed!

Postby Gete-aya'aa » Tue 18. Dec 2012, 21:36

I just tried to get into the Open Cave (after being gone for a long couple of months). The thing downloaded ok -- but I can't get into the Cavern. Can't even get past the "start game" page with my avatar name on it......
Gete-aya'aa

MOULa Name: Gete-aya'aa
MOULa KI#: 9371394
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Previous

Return to Announcements