Login    Register
  • Author
Re: Updates 2014/06/29

Postby Bibi » Tue 1. Jul 2014, 05:37

I am getting an error. "patcher fails to launch" I tried running as admin. Also last night I did a reinstall and that got me in but error message is back when I tried again. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!
Bibi

MOULa Name: Bibi
MOULa KI#: 85916
TOC-MOUL Name: MysBibi
TOC-MOUL KI#: 175031
TOC-TPOTS Name: Bibi
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 58552
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard Name: MysBibi
Gehn Shard KI#: 40463
Minkata KI#: 0

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue 1. Jul 2014, 11:13

Nicole wrote:With all that TOC has to offer, I personally like it more than Moula now.
Wonderful place to visit. Lots to do. New things, better things.
Thanks for a wonderful playground.

-Nicoleleigh-

ABSOLUTELY AGREE !!! congrats Mystler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the new messenger pub is beyond expectations too. a job of a true professional !!!

P.S. only one small thing, not sure if you are still working on it but in DERENO we couldn't use a 3rd person view. i tired and it brings me back inside the pod and how about accessing the water under the ice area ? is that possible to be made solid too ?

and another question: what happened to the city plazza tent ? we really miss it :(
Zesty of Xeniphers

MOULa Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
MOULa KI#: 20053
TOC-MOUL Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
TOC-MOUL KI#: 250135
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
DI KI#: 218448
Gehn Shard KI#: 0

Postby Charura » Wed 2. Jul 2014, 03:55

I did notice that the pod(s) power on/off switches work but only for a few seconds..then they are off again... anyone else or just me?
Charura

Postby Abjab » Wed 2. Jul 2014, 08:35

Charura said...
I did notice that the pod(s) power on/off switches work but only for a few seconds..then they are off again... anyone else or just me?

Yes, Charura, we all do it ! You are in good company :) It's another MOUL discovery thing..
As best I recollect:-
Spoiler:
Each pod runs on a battery at Pod night time, which doesn't last long and has to be charged during Pod Daytime, and turned Off whenever you leave if you wish to save power for some other day or night use. If the Battery is exhausted when left On, the switch will eventually disconnect itself with an audible sigh..and when you try to turn it back On at Pod night it will show a brief sign of life and re-disconnect again with same sounds.
In short, Charura, you ran your batteries down, just like we all do ... :?

Tetsonot may be an exception (It's underwater):-
Spoiler:
Because it's already running on some constant source of Emergency backup power, which makes sufficient light to find the switch, turn it On, and make a slightly brighter level of light....(I'm not sure if it ever turns itself off or not..got to check that :))

Hope this helps.... ;)
Hi All ! Myst'ya !! Abjab KI#2976, DRC(1); Abjab2 KI#4051, DRC(2)/Janaba's Hood; Flat Stanley KI#222539, DRC(27)/D-E Hood
Abjab

MOULa Name: Abjab4
MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL Name: Abjab
TOC-MOUL KI#: 2976

Postby Doobes » Wed 2. Jul 2014, 21:35

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say once again: great job to the TOC guys for this update! And also a big thank you to them for letting me share the new Pub with all of you. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

Thanks to the feedback from those on Gehn Shard, many of the problems found are already fixed for a future update (including the conference room one mentioned previously here...at least I hope!), but I'm always looking to improve things, so if you notice any bugs or have some suggestions, post them here as I'd love to hear them!

We're also still accepting adverts to go on the two bulletin boards behind the stairs, so if you'd like to advertise your group or Guild, be sure to e-mail us your advert at guild@guildofmessengers.com. There is no size restrictions, but the higher resolution, the better it'll look when we add it in the next update.

Have fun! :)
KI #s: MOULa - 45311, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
My posts are not associated with the GoMe in any way unless otherwise stated.
Doobes

MOULa Name: Doobes
MOULa KI#: 6302
TOC-MOUL Name: Doobes
TOC-MOUL KI#: 82340
DI Name: Doobes
DI KI#: 44387
Gehn Shard Name: Doobes
Gehn Shard KI#: 14291
Minkata Name: Doobes
Minkata KI#: 35287

Postby Charura » Thu 3. Jul 2014, 01:28

Abjab said...
Tetsonot may be an exception (It's underwater)

Never could see that and thank you for the battery info...I'll remember to turn them off next time before I leave the pod :-)
Charura

Postby Alien » Thu 3. Jul 2014, 07:51

Doobes wrote:Hey everyone! Just wanted to say once again: great job to the TOC guys for this update! And also a big thank you to them for letting me share the new Pub with all of you. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

Thanks to the feedback from those on Gehn Shard, many of the problems found are already fixed for a future update (including the conference room one mentioned previously here...at least I hope!), but I'm always looking to improve things, so if you notice any bugs or have some suggestions, post them here as I'd love to hear them!

We're also still accepting adverts to go on the two bulletin boards behind the stairs, so if you'd like to advertise your group or Guild, be sure to e-mail us your advert at guild@guildofmessengers.com. There is no size restrictions, but the higher resolution, the better it'll look when we add it in the next update.

Have fun! :)

Hi Doobes,

It's a great pub, I did notice various benches around the the edges, I want to ask, are they meant to be able to be sat on? because nearly everywhere I tried had no indication I could sit on them. I know this is a tiny minor thing compared to all the effort you put in, and I thank you for it.

Alien
How to use some Not So Basic Commands in TOC

TOC is Image
Alien

MOULa KI#: 14279348
TOC-MOUL KI#: 201394

Postby Korovev » Mon 7. Jul 2014, 16:46

A couple of notes:

Wineskin users need the usual trick of manually copying the Visual C++ 2013 DLLs (msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll, along with the the 110 versions) in the TOC folder or in the windows/system32 folder, inside the wrapper. Perhaps this trick also works for XP users?

In Negilahn and Payiferen the camera updates correctly if you simply “/x 50” in front of the big window by the middle floor (you don’t really need to “/float”). In Dereno I couldn’t find a camera spot fix. As for Tetsonot... well, it’s a deepwater pod that’s barely holding together, would you really want to go outside? :D
ImageImage
Ready-made shard wrappers, Wineskin guide, D’ni language notes, D’ni UCSUR font, DniTools
ReGalpo Rilesa téníen šemtí!
Korovev

MOULa KI#: 46116
TOC-MOUL KI#: 236871
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 55350
DI KI#: 194197
Gehn Shard KI#: 137074
Minkata KI#: 132812

Postby Doobes » Sat 19. Jul 2014, 18:04

Alien wrote:Hi Doobes,

It's a great pub, I did notice various benches around the the edges, I want to ask, are they meant to be able to be sat on? because nearly everywhere I tried had no indication I could sit on them. I know this is a tiny minor thing compared to all the effort you put in, and I thank you for it.

Alien

They should all have working sitting mods. At last count there were nearly 70 places to sit too! Believe me, they were tested to death by myself and the GoW crew. :P

Not sure why they wouldn't be working, although we did notice lag sometimes kept the hotspot from popping up. /shrug

If all else fails, the Ctrl + 7 method while standing on them also works in a pinch.
KI #s: MOULa - 45311, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
My posts are not associated with the GoMe in any way unless otherwise stated.
Doobes

MOULa Name: Doobes
MOULa KI#: 6302
TOC-MOUL Name: Doobes
TOC-MOUL KI#: 82340
DI Name: Doobes
DI KI#: 44387
Gehn Shard Name: Doobes
Gehn Shard KI#: 14291
Minkata Name: Doobes
Minkata KI#: 35287

Postby calroger » Mon 21. Jul 2014, 02:48

I am running Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion P6347C and I have been able to sit in every place I tried. I tried all the benches along the walls on upper level, chairs in conference room, benches in conference room foyer, several different tables on lower level and several bar stools. Everything appears to be working properly for me.

Cal (Akon in game)
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
HP Pavilion P6347C, AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor, 2.80 ghz
nVidia GeForce GT640 Graphic card
6 gb RAM
1.2 tb (1200 gb) on three drives
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

MOULa Name: Retiredman
MOULa KI#: 16603428