Login    Register
  • Author
Re: Updates 2014/06/29

Postby calroger » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 03:12

I have been wandering all around the cave and can't find the Guild of Messengers pub. Can you provide a hint.

Thanks.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
HP Pavilion P6347C, AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor, 2.80 ghz
nVidia GeForce GT640 Graphic card
6 gb RAM
1.2 tb (1200 gb) on three drives
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

MOULa Name: Retiredman
MOULa KI#: 16603428
TOC-MOUL Name: Akon
TOC-MOUL KI#: 208406
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard Name: Retiredman
Gehn Shard KI#: 124834
Minkata KI#: 0

Postby Abjab » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 04:30

Doobe's GOMe Pub is Exquisite !!!...Thank you all Very Much !!

The new free-range (Solid exterior ground) Negilahn Pod works perfectly for me (as Minion Dave, Male Avatar), and I like the hole in the middle of the 'pond',
Spoiler:
because it introduces you to the Pod "Underfloors", about 50 feet down which is also solid (for me).

@ Acorn et al....Edit: Clarification/Info...
Spoiler:
It is necessary to find a way out of the Pod to experience solid exterior ground (and underfloors); I regret to say that we never found an "exploit" way (without KI command help). I used /y 5 or /z -5 while standing at the Middle Floor window looking out in Negilahn , and assume that other Pods are typical (exept Tetsonot ??...gotta try that LOL), but any command means will work, all for you to to explore :). Use /help to pick something , and /a to recover to linkin if you need rescuing....Third person camera can get messed up with some commands, but again, using /a seems to avoid complications by resetting the camera :roll: Have Fun !!

Cigale had some problems falling thru Pod exteriors, until she made admin rights to allow download changes, I think. That fixed things, she said.

@Calrogers.....Each Guild Pub is accessible by selecting the appropriate Guild Shirt in Kirel....I think you are only given one Guild Pub link at a time in TOC MOUL...each Kirel Guild table has a note on it which names that Guild...once selected and worn, your Nexus will add the GOMe Pub link under City list..... until you later select some other Guild's Shirt. :)

Hope this helps...... ;)
Last edited by Abjab on Tue 1. Jul 2014, 12:01, edited 2 times in total.
Hi All ! Myst'ya !! Abjab KI#2976, DRC(1); Abjab2 KI#4051, DRC(2)/Janaba's Hood; Flat Stanley KI#222539, DRC(27)/D-E Hood
Abjab

MOULa Name: Abjab4
MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL Name: Abjab
TOC-MOUL KI#: 2976
Gehn Shard KI#: 0

Postby calroger » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 05:09

Thanks. I'll give it a go.
Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
6 gb RAM
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

Postby calroger » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 05:46

All I can say is...WOW! Now to explore the pods again.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
6 gb RAM
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

Postby Mystler » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 10:20

janaba wrote:I couldn't figure out how the other chat text feature should work, I mean, I'll quote 'Repeat recent chat lines with up/down keys'

Whenever you have sent a message in the chat and start typing a new one, you can press the up key to repeat the last thing you said. Unfortunately, this is not working for slash commands yet, but I have already written a fix for that.
As soon as that fix is live, you can also repeat commands. E.g. if you use a huge OfflineKI command and mistyped something, enter the chat input line, press up and you don't have to write it all again.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Postby Nicole » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 12:26

Cal, you might need to get that Messenger t-shirt on to get into the pub.
Something you must see. Amazing.
The world is my stage.
Nicole

MOULa Name: Nicoleleigh
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Postby Acorn » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 13:32

janaba wrote:The fun began when I met Myxa, who explained to me how 'to enter' and roam the Negilahn exteriors and then invited me to her Dereno to explore the exterior regions together, then also Charura joined us and we had lots of fun using the float and coordinate xyz and rot (rotation) commands

For those of us not fortunate enough to bump into Myxa, can someone please explain how to get out of the pods and explore? 8-) I'm longing to have a try - as is my Raven.

He very much liked the new Pub - he and I managed to get stuck in the conference room chair, just as I had done in the Gehn version, so I can confirm that this bug still needs to be fixed. But Doobes has been alerted to this already ;)
Acorn

MOULa Name: Acorn1
TOC-MOUL Name: Acorn
Gehn Shard Name: Acorn
Minkata Name: Treehugger

Postby janaba » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 16:58

Mystler wrote:
janaba wrote:I couldn't figure out how the other chat text feature should work, I mean, I'll quote 'Repeat recent chat lines with up/down keys'

Whenever you have sent a message in the chat and start typing a new one, you can press the up key to repeat the last thing you said. Unfortunately, this is not working for slash commands yet, but I have already written a fix for that.
As soon as that fix is live, you can also repeat commands. E.g. if you use a huge OfflineKI command and mistyped something, enter the chat input line, press up and you don't have to write it all again.

Thank you, Mystler, I just tried it out and it works flawlessly, and it works as often as you like subsequently ... :P

As for the commands, esp. the huge and difficult ones with coordinates etc. on TOC for example I can see this as useful as you've said, but for chat I couldn't see resp. remember where this might be useful ... So, I just looked for Adam's answer on the GoW forum with a very nice and useful exemplary incident, which might happen even oftentimes for some, esp. on parties or meetings like the AGM etc. for me and for all else interested, please have a look here, and I'll quote that directly here too

Christian Walther wrote:Can someone explain the use of this feature to me? Under what circumstances would I want to say something again on chat that I have already said a few lines earlier? I can see how an input history is useful on a shell command line, but why for chat? :?:

Tsar Hoikas wrote:I know I said this in IRC, but here is it for posterity. You just typed a really nice/thoughtful/witty message and meant to send it to the whole age.... Except you had a player selected by mistake in the silly player lists. Now there's no need to retype the whole thing--just clear that selection, press the up arrow, and press enter.

Acorn, Myxa taught us, Charura and me, how to use the /float command and add to this the /x or y or z [space] plus +/-20, 30, 50, 90 ... etc. (e.g. standing in front of a window, then /float 'enter' and then /y 20 or /x -50 etc. 'enter', like this) or you can use /rot [space]-/+90 or 180 etc. for rotation in the exteriors ... I just found Alien's (and Scarchu's) KI commands on the GoSleeper's forums for not so basic commands on TOC, please, have a look here ... :P

Besides that I wonder if there'd be other ways implemented to roam those exteriors of the Pods ... When I read Abjab's post it sounds as if he was able 'to walk' on solid ground, even 50 feet down, while with the float and coordinates commands you cannot move freely, just move resp. actually float 'by using the commands', which might become a bit tedious, even if you get used to it with a little practice ... Ok, looking forward to that answer, thanks ... :D
janaba

Postby Acorn » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 17:14

Thanks, janaba, I'll give it a try :mrgreen:
Acorn

MOULa Name: Acorn1
TOC-MOUL Name: Acorn
Gehn Shard Name: Acorn
Minkata Name: Treehugger

Postby calroger » Mon 30. Jun 2014, 21:48

/anim ladderup works also from inside one of the windows.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
6 gb RAM
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger