TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Updates 2014/01/18

Postby AlanD » Sun 19. Jan 2014, 04:07

The update has uninstalled my PhysX Legacy package and then fails to install a replacement.

Error message:

The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies. The installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.

I am running as administrator.

TOC now fails to start, of course.

So does MOUL

So does Gehn shard.

System restore does not fix this. You have broken MOUL, Gehn and TOC for me.

I'm a bit annoyed.
AlanD

MOULa Name: AlanD
MOULa KI#: 20338113
TOC-MOUL Name: AlanD
TOC-MOUL KI#: 209238
DI Name: AlanD
DI KI#: 197802
Gehn Shard Name: AlanD
Gehn Shard KI#: 135624

Postby Mystler » Sun 19. Jan 2014, 10:14

Does it want to install PhysX every time you start the launcher? If not, it might help to install the official PhysX driver again, although it should be the same.
Please make sure to start UruLauncher as an administrator, not just UruExplorer.

Oh, and you can also try to set "Run as an administrator" on PhysX_Setup.exe.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272

Postby janaba » Sun 19. Jan 2014, 16:04

I just tested this all with two avis and everything works perfectly well and smooth for me, just like on the Gehn shard ... I now just presume the 'Chat message highlighting on mentions' to work as well as this can only be tested with more persons online ... Great job everyone :P

Ohh, and I just see that you revamped the main page TOC Home again, with latest news, statistics, players online and the public messages etc. ... :)

The TOC shard really remains sth very special for many things like the absolutely awesome COD, which in itself is an amazing world of wonders, and I love the flexibility in many things like the differing seasons for our Relto and the many commands to make life on TOC just more fun with a sense of interaction, not just swallowing what you've been given lol, and what I appreciate very much and what would be great to have on all shards is the 'Help journal' accessible with the simple /help command ... Gehn, of course, is also very special in its own way, and what makes everything even more wonderful is that great team work amongst our coding experts ... Yeah, this has to be said every now and again ... Kudos and many thanks to all Uru shard teams for tirelessly working to get out the best of Uru as far as that is at all possible ... :D
janaba

MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Postby AlanD » Sun 19. Jan 2014, 18:36

Mystler, it failed for lack of PhysX every time I tried to start the game.

I set the new PhysX_Setup.exe that had been downloaded to the TOC folder as part of the upgrade package to run with admin privileges then ran it separately. This seems to have fixed the problem for me, regaining access to TOC, Gehn and MOUL.

I was surprised to encounter such a major failure, but I've not seen a PhysX reinstall needed by an upgrade for some time now, and can't remember how long ago it was. I know that the last time I encountered it I needed to get hold of a separate installer for legacy PhysX, and was fearing a similar issue here. Fortunately for me, it was a simple privilege issue.

Am I the only one to have this problem? If so, I wonder what is special about my setup: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit should be a common platform now, I would have thought.

Janaba, I agree that TOC is a good place and have been trying to encourage people to visit, so this was a particularly awkward situation to find myself in.
AlanD

MOULa Name: AlanD
MOULa KI#: 20338113
TOC-MOUL Name: AlanD
TOC-MOUL KI#: 209238
DI Name: AlanD
DI KI#: 197802
Gehn Shard Name: AlanD
Gehn Shard KI#: 135624

Postby Hawkster » Sun 19. Jan 2014, 18:49

What ever you did undo it, :cry: start up takes 30 minutes. Takes ever in a day to move from age to age. It was slow before but now it is much worst. Take a lessen from gehn shard it starts up quickly like this should.

Hawkster
Hawkster

MOULa Name: hawkster
MOULa KI#: 15541714
TOC-MOUL Name: hawkster

Postby Mystler » Sun 19. Jan 2014, 21:30

Finally, the new TOC Installer is there. You can find it on the homepage. It will also add some helpful startmenu entries for TOC, Repair Mode and the User Folder.

@AlanD,
I think when the PhysX installer ran the first time it tricked you into accidentally removing PhysX. The issue should be fixed in the latest version. Thanks for reporting. :)

@Hawkster,
please don't show your appreciation of our work by telling us to undo stuff. Obviously, you're the only one with that problem, so you should probably check your connection.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272

Postby McBeam » Mon 20. Jan 2014, 21:09

hello one and all have not gone into CoD because is ..frankly... i worried.....help can i just run and update?

hope all is well
McBeam

Postby Hawkster » Mon 20. Jan 2014, 21:20

Is there any way to fix climbing the stairs. great for kicking stone, fireballs, and log off the relto but can not step up worth beans Any stepping up is harder
Hawkster

MOULa Name: hawkster
MOULa KI#: 15541714
TOC-MOUL Name: hawkster

Postby Abjab » Tue 21. Jan 2014, 03:57

Mcbeam said:
.....help can i just run and update?

I took Mystlers advice and set "Run as an administrator" on the TOC-MOUL PhysX_Setup.exe file (check-box found by right mouse click under "Properties"), before attempting the update (it wasn't checked before).

I was already operating with "Run as administrator" on the UruLauncher.exe file, and the UruExplorer.exe file, which Mystler also advises for successful update.

I hit the login and updates worked fine :) Theres a large download (75 MB ?) so patience is required; I like listening to Mystler's Music too, so time goes bye quickly unless I fall asleep, and then it doesn't matter anyway.... LOL

Hopefully, this should help provide some confidence, Mcbeam :) Mystler has fixed the original angst, I believe.

Note for Mystler:- I still have the old TOCRepair.exe File dated 4/5/12 in my Install Folder; but as of today, the TOCRepair download link has been removed from Forum "Tools" (so no Update there..), and Mystler has posted (seperately) that it's not required anymore. So I presume that I can safely delete TOCRepair.exe, or save it on the side ? I never had much luck using it, but that was a long time ago and other issues dominated then.

Many Thanks Mystler ! Huge contribution :)
Hi All ! Myst'ya !! Abjab KI#2976, DRC(1); Abjab2 KI#4051, DRC(2)/Janaba's Hood; Flat Stanley KI#222539, DRC(27)/D-E Hood
Abjab

MOULa Name: Abjab4
TOC-MOUL Name: Abjab
TOC-MOUL KI#: 2976

Next

Return to MOUL Updates