Login    Register
  • Author
Fileserver Update 918

Postby Mystler » Sat 15. Jun 2013, 10:09

Still no new TOC client build but in order to keep compatibility with MOULa I have updated the fileserver today.
This means that you now need the latest data files that came with MOULa build 918.

You'll probably get a download error in the patcher.
To play on TOC again, update your MOULa client (delete TOS.txt before doing that) and either
- copy your whole MOULa dat folder again (manually or by using TOCRepair)
- or sort your MOULa dat folder by date and copy the files that changed this month.

If you encounter any problems, feel free to report them here.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Fileserver Update 918

Postby janaba » Sun 16. Jun 2013, 11:32

Everything runs fine for me ... I'm just standing on the boat, waiting for it to depart ... I wonder if it will though, it is 11:25am already and for 10 minutes nothing happened, but maybe it doesn't leave the harbour exactly every quarter of an hour, means 15/30/45 and full ... :P

Still waiting one or two minutes more before I'll leave the boat and city again ... Ohh, there it goes ... I am sailing, I am sailing again ... /cheer ... Have all a great Sunday and new week ... :D
janaba

MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Postby Alien » Thu 8. Aug 2013, 14:46

I have to disagree with the idea of deleting the TOS file. I have had problems getting TOC to launch (even posted about many of my problems) and each time I have solved the problem it has always been without ever deleting the TOS file.

As for copying the files from the DAT folder, if you are missing files in your TOC DAT folder, copy all the files in the MOULa DAT folder, then go to paste them into the TOC DAT folder. You should get a message pop-up asking you what to do about duplicate files. As you only want the files that missing to be pasted in, you can choose to skip all the files already there. This will save your PC a lot of work, make things quicker, and narrow things down when problem solving as you have only added files not changed anything.

NOW ... if you need an updated copy of a file already in your TOC folder, that's when you need to go looking for it in the MOULa folder.
How to use some Not So Basic Commands in TOC

TOC is Image
Alien

MOULa KI#: 14279348
TOC-MOUL KI#: 201394

Postby Mystler » Thu 8. Aug 2013, 15:47

Alien wrote:I have to disagree with the idea of deleting the TOS file. I have had problems getting TOC to launch (even posted about many of my problems) and each time I have solved the problem it has always been without ever deleting the TOS file.

I have described why people should do this in several places. Please don't confuse the players by saying that my instructions are unnecessary...
Besides, I was talking about the MOULa TOS.txt, not the TOC one.

Alien wrote:As for copying the files from the DAT folder, if you are missing files in your TOC DAT folder, copy all the files in the MOULa DAT folder, then go to paste them into the TOC DAT folder. You should get a message pop-up asking you what to do about duplicate files. As you only want the files that missing to be pasted in, you can choose to skip all the files already there. This will save your PC a lot of work, make things quicker, and narrow things down when problem solving as you have only added files not changed anything.

This thread is about compatibility with a MOULa update, so the problem here is not missing files, but updated ones. And believe me, Cyan likes to re-export a LOT of files with a new update, even if there haven't been any changes.

My recommendation is, to sort the MOULa dat folder by Date and copy all the files that changed when the 918 update was downloaded. Those are the only files that changed in 2013, if you are using an older client, right now.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Postby Alien » Thu 8. Aug 2013, 20:40

I apologise Mystler, I had no intention to confuse anyone.
I was only speaking from my own experience, and in no way should that be inferred as a contradiction of your help with other player's problems.
How to use some Not So Basic Commands in TOC

TOC is Image
Alien

MOULa KI#: 14279348
TOC-MOUL KI#: 201394

Return to MOUL Updates