Login    Register
  • Author
Sync with MOULa 912

Postby Mystler » Mon 4. Jun 2012, 20:06

I synched the dataserver with MOULa 912. In case you get download errors in the launcher you may have to update MOULa and re-install your data using the TOCRepair tool.
------
Ich habe den Dataserver mit MOULa 912 synchronisiert. Falls ihr Download-Fehler im Launcher erhaltet, solltet ihr euer MOULa aktualisieren und die Daten mit dem TOCRepair Programm neu installieren.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Sync with MOULa 912

Postby Jogi » Wed 6. Jun 2012, 23:54

Maybe it's a good idea having a hint in the TOC MOUL welcome screen that you now have to use .912-sources in your dat-folder?

I think there are not many players who read the "TOCPublic" message from Ahhamme or check the TOC forum (which URL has changed).
Jogi

MOULa Name: Jogi.de
MOULa KI#: 16673208
TOC-MOUL Name: Jogi
TOC-MOUL KI#: 103367
TOC-TPOTS Name: Jogi
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 36461
DI Name: Jogi
DI KI#: 142405
Gehn Shard Name: Jogi
Gehn Shard KI#: 32678

Postby Creek » Fri 8. Jun 2012, 07:39

How do I update MOULa to .912? Isn't just logging on to MOULa and having it routinely update at the launch sufficient? I did this and copied the dat file over, but I still get an error when trying to launch TOC.

Creek
Creek

MOULa Name: Creekwriter
MOULa KI#: 3732175
TOC-MOUL Name: Creek; Creeky
TOC-MOUL KI#: 71481
Gehn Shard Name: Creekwriter

Postby janaba » Fri 8. Jun 2012, 13:17

Yes, Creek, that's the way to get an up-to-date MOULa ... :P

Though it might not be of very much help, but at least I'd like to tell that
for the first time on the TOC Shard I had to copy the contents of the 'dat'
folder of the updated 'MOULa/Uru Live' installation several times before
I could lunch the shard again ...

I also used the TOCRepair tool which does the same to have a variety and
to have one chance more to be successful lol, but it actually only worked
after several tries (six or seven or so) for whatever reason ...

So, it's worth to keep trying unless there would be other issues related to
your installation/computer performance and depending on your specific
custom settings, the actual error message and whatsoever ... Good luck ... :D
janaba

MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Postby Opa » Fri 8. Jun 2012, 17:44

Creek wrote:I still get an error

With the help of this detailed description of your problem I conclude, that you have to change something. If this doesn't help I would try to throw the Ring into the fire. And if this shouldn't help (what I don't belive... the Ring helps every time) you could try the forum search.

Opa
Opa

Postby Jogi » Fri 8. Jun 2012, 19:35

Opa wrote:
Creek wrote:I still get an error

With the help of this detailed description of your problem I conclude, that you have to change something. If this doesn't help I would try to throw the Ring into the fire. And if this shouldn't help (what I don't belive... the Ring helps every time) you could try the forum search.

Opa

;) Bad bad Opa. Who will then be so sarcastic? ;)
Jogi

Postby Creek » Sat 9. Jun 2012, 03:46

I get your message, Opa. Sorry to be so brief. I log on to MOULa almost daily, so I am definitely updated to .912. I have copied the dat file and the sfx file several times, including with the TOCRepair Tool, but always get a response that one of the files is missing (a different one each time). I have even just copied the file indicated as missing, but then it tells me a different one is missing. This is hard to believe since TOC was running fine just a few days ago. What about the Patcher? I would appreciate any suggestions.
Creek

MOULa Name: Creekwriter
MOULa KI#: 3732175
TOC-MOUL Name: Creek; Creeky
TOC-MOUL KI#: 71481
Gehn Shard Name: Creekwriter

Postby Folkher » Sat 9. Jun 2012, 11:23

Dear Creek,

could you also post some information about your OS and DirectX-Version? And what files are exactly reported to be missing? I think this would be really helpful, cause I had to solve my TOC-Problems in different ways on XP and Win7.

Regards

Folkher

P.S.: Hihi, Opa honours his title ... Human Relation Manager ... ;) :lol:
Folkher

MOULa Name: Folkhari
MOULa KI#: 578372
TOC-MOUL Name: Folkher
TOC-MOUL KI#: 68120
DI Name: Folkher
DI KI#: 41097
Gehn Shard Name: Folkher
Gehn Shard KI#: 91858

Postby Jogi » Sat 9. Jun 2012, 11:27

Mystler wrote:I synched the dataserver with MOULa 912.

Although I read this piece of news here, I still logged-in into the game with the old "dat"-files of the Uru Live version 1.905 first, and this successfully without any error messages! :!:
What I observed then was:
  • In-game, I suddenly had a progressbar where normaly only "*Updating*" appears.
  • My stay in the game was not of a long duration since I out-crashed very quickly.

I heard similar from other players, who were not yet informed about the update, and still played / tried to play with the old "dat"-files hence.

:!: But there were no error messages at all! :!:

Then I replaced the TOC dat-folder with the dat-folder of the Uru Live version 1.912 from Myst Online manually (I didn't think of TOCRepair :| ). Thereon at start the UruLauncher.exe launched another small update and everything immediately ran as usual.
Also other players were online again solidly within minutes after they had updated their dat-folder accordingly.

So I have no idea of what other players do with their installation who seem not to be as lucky like this? :roll:

Creek wrote:...that one of the files is missing (a different one each time). I have even just copied the file indicated as missing, but then it tells me a different one is missing...

This sounds to me like you would mix the "dat"-files from MOUL and TPOTS! But this cannot be actually possible since you used the TOCRepair tool. :roll: :roll:

I just advise you to install TOC-MOUL completely anew. You cannot lose anything with it, since all your game/Avatar-data are stored on the server. You only have to manage your log-in data by yourself.

And another important tip, as I think:

As long as you are not sure what is going on, always start Uru via UruLauncher.exe directly from the installation-folder and do not use any desktop shortcut (which can lead to an installation you do not use actually, or something like that)!

At this opportunity I would like to manifest myself to a joined topic as well:

In the forums I read a few times that the shard administrators feel sorry that they cannot make available the "dat"-files on their own servers. I think it is okay that we must pick up the "dat"-files for an installation or for an update from Myst Online every time. This reminds us that the origin and the main-rights of Uru Live is at Cyan and that the main-part of our donation willingness should flow there.
:!: And I want to thank the shard adminstrators that they don't try to attract donations to themselves and do their hard work gratuitously in principle! :!:
Jogi

Postby Opa » Sat 9. Jun 2012, 23:03

@Creek Maybe some of your Moula files are corrupted. The patcher don't check always every file. I would suggest you delete your TOS.txtin your MOULa version and let check the patcher for corrupted files. Then recopy your dat folder to the TOC folder.

Opa
Opa

Next

Return to MOUL Updates