Login    Register
  • Author
Re: Sync with MOULa 912

Postby Creek » Tue 12. Jun 2012, 02:58

Thank you all for all your suggestions. Today at 1830 KI, after manually copying the dat and sfx files once more, I was able to launch TOC.

I believe the solution was prayer!

Creek
Creek

MOULa Name: Creekwriter
MOULa KI#: 3732175
TOC-MOUL Name: Creek; Creeky
TOC-MOUL KI#: 71481
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard Name: Creekwriter
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Postby Iden0 » Tue 12. Jun 2012, 19:03

Shorah!.....i was wondering may i please request an Idiots Guide to syncing with MOULa 912 as i have no clue what all the above instructions mean despite trying several times to accomplish the task in hand.......im using Vista Ultimate on this machine(i know i know but im stuck with it so... :oops: ) any help would be most appreciated as i find when asking others that many explorer's are having difficulty with this updating process.

All the best from Bonnie Scotland!!!

Iden0 ;)
Iden0

MOULa Name: Iden0
MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL Name: Iden0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 131921

Postby Mystler » Tue 12. Jun 2012, 22:54

Well, first of all you have to start your official MOULa launcher and update to version 912. After that is done, you can use the TOCRepair tool (which is located in your TOC folder), set MOULa and TOC path and click "re-install data". When you start TOC the next time, it should update some files and you should be able to play.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Postby gabriml » Wed 13. Jun 2012, 19:21

TOCRepair worked fine even on a OSX in Wine. Thanks for this tool. Maybe you could offer it to your buddies at GOW.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Gabrielson

Psalm 2:12b
gabriml

TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Postby Mystler » Thu 14. Jun 2012, 14:50

I have no doubt that the GoW guys can write a tool like that in a matter of minutes. :D I just came up with that idea to help people with copying the files automatically.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Postby Iden0 » Fri 15. Jun 2012, 00:17

many thanks my partner was able to the updating successfully and then fix mine via teamviewer,we both now have access to TOC as a result,thanks again :)

Iden0 & Chraos :D
Iden0

MOULa Name: Iden0
TOC-MOUL Name: Iden0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 131921

Postby Gete-aya'aa » Tue 19. Jun 2012, 09:34

Mystler wrote:Well, first of all you have to start your official MOULa launcher and update to version 912. After that is done, you can use the TOCRepair tool (which is located in your TOC folder), set MOULa and TOC path and click "re-install data". When you start TOC the next time, it should update some files and you should be able to play.

Umm..."set MOULa and TOC path...."....... For us computer-illiterate dummies that's "you need to manually tell the TOC Repair Tool where to find the files which need to be updated AND tell the TOC Repair Tool where to find the files that the update is coming from". It took me a couple of tries to figure out how to work it. :roll:
Gete-aya'aa

MOULa Name: Gete-aya'aa
MOULa KI#: 9371394

Postby janaba » Tue 19. Jun 2012, 13:06

Dear Gete-aya'aa, you don't have to tell the 'TOC Repair Tool' where the files are ... Mystler said,
and that is all the 'TOC Repair Tool' is asking for, you only have to tell it the path to your installations ... :P

When you start the 'TOC Repair Tool' you can see that it has already detected your TOC MOUL installation
as you're already 'inside of that directory/path', so, you only have to show it the 'path to your MOULa installation' ...

I'd like to mention at this point that it could be a bit irritating for some people to look for a MOULa path, when
the MOULa directory is actually called 'Uru Live' ... Yeah, some people might not know it and maybe that could
be renamed ...

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement a detection of the Uru Live (MOULa) installation directory
as it is provided by the Gehn shard installer, I don't remember anymore if the TOC Moul installer came with
that convenience ...

However, just my thoughts to that ... Thanks a lot for continuously and generously adapting everything to our
infinite needs ... :D
janaba

Postby Opa » Tue 19. Jun 2012, 13:12

The TOC installer also can read the location from MOULa from the registry, but it is made with a program, where I only need to say "Read this from the registry". The Repair tool is completely self-coded by Mystler and it isn't very easy to get a path from the registry, espacially, cause the location of this information in the registry differs between Win XP and Win Vista/7.

Opa
Opa

Previous

Return to MOUL Updates