Login    Register
  • Author
Congratulations Jogi

Postby Opa » Sat 24. Aug 2013, 00:08

The TOC team would like to congratulate Jogi for winning the 2nd TOC Wall Tournament and your prize is on the way to your Relto.
We would also like to thank everyone who participated in the tournament or simply showed up to watch the games. You can see the final results here.

Supreme Champion: Jogi
Worthy Adversary: Cpt. Jericho
Maybe Next Time: Rock Ardemar
4th place: janaba

We hoped you enjoyed our little tournament too!

Opa and the TOC Team
Opa

MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Congratulations Jogi

Postby RockArdemar » Sat 24. Aug 2013, 00:12

It was indeed an excellent Tournament, and a lot of fun as always. Thanks to the TOC-Team for making it possible.
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

MOULa KI#: 34143
TOC-MOUL KI#: 42627
DI KI#: 235532
Gehn Shard KI#: 17785
Minkata KI#: 70951

Postby Cpt-Jericho » Sat 24. Aug 2013, 00:20

I think I didn't do bad for one who played the wall for the fist time, did I?
Equal amongst other in the Guild of Sleepers
TOC Status: Image
Cpt-Jericho

Postby Hawkster » Sat 24. Aug 2013, 01:00

Congratulations jogi and cpt for giving Jogi a real challenge
Hawkster

MOULa Name: hawkster
MOULa KI#: 15541714
TOC-MOUL Name: hawkster

Postby janaba » Sat 24. Aug 2013, 01:12

You have been awesome, Captain ... Congratulations to you are due again and of course to our new Super Champion Jogi !!! Yeah!!! ... :D

... and yes, Hawkster, those last championship challenges were absolutely challenging mazes to master and nothing for the faint of heart ... :mrgreen:
janaba

Postby Jogi » Sat 24. Aug 2013, 10:26

I have prepared a detailed article regarding my win. I'm just waiting for my trophy so I can provide some pictures. (no hurry though, TOC-Team)
First here, I thank you all for the congratulations and to those who have let me win.

Meanwhile I am busy with counting my still intact bones... (...and with joining a barbecue party in real life, so it will get late today if the predicted thunderstorms will let it happen.)
Jogi

MOULa Name: Jogi.de
MOULa KI#: 16673208
TOC-MOUL Name: Jogi
TOC-MOUL KI#: 103367
TOC-TPOTS Name: Jogi
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 36461
DI Name: Jogi
DI KI#: 142405
Gehn Shard Name: Jogi
Gehn Shard KI#: 32678

Postby Mystler » Sat 24. Aug 2013, 12:25

Jogi, I just met the UPS man and showed him the way to your Relto. He said he has a special delivery for you. ;)
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Postby Jogi » Sat 24. Aug 2013, 21:09

I'm back home, tired from eating too much and from the ride home with the bike. Rain in the afternoon so no barbecue, the kitchen stove had to serve.
But there is always time for a quick look at my Relto shelf.
Yeah, and there it is... More news tomorrow. :P
Jogi

Postby Jogi » Sun 25. Aug 2013, 14:08

Well, I have won The Second Wall Tournament! - What is there more to say? :lol:

No seriously, I apologize officially here to all the team-mate climbers (opponents) for having them inconsiderately taken out of the race. But how do you say: There can be only one. And this happens to be to the best, namely me!!! :mrgreen:

Trophy shots:
Image Image Image

(Now it is probably expected me to say something intelligent :o , like a professional athlete after success in a television interview, ah? ;) -- Well, I'll try)

First, I must say, climbing on The Wall is a hard thing to do. No one who has not been through can imagine. You climb up there, mind you absolutely vertical, having no safety net under you and so to speak doing a mystery tour. And when you encounter a blocker then you will be mercilessly thrown out of the wall like an unwanted foreign object. Hit the ground hard no one asks you if you still have the courage or the strength for another attempt! Eyes closed, teeth clenched you head up again towards that damned finish!
I even had the additional difficulty in the decisive final round having to climb without that protective suit. Since the organizers have something screwed up. But like always in such events, it's all about fame and reputation for the organizers, no one asks what happens to the athletes. And I was not the only one who had problems with the suit. Generally the clothes changing system is far from mature, but the organizers rather prefer to shine with the newly introduced video monitors in the conference room than care how comfortable the participants will be!

Image Image

But back to the actual match:
When you have encountered the first two or three blockers, then you have to make the tough decision in which direction you go ahead. There are roughly three possible approaches to the goal. Either centrally from below or sideways from the right or left. And if the opponent is not well with you, then he has left only one option to you and this can be also quite devoured. Here clear male or female decisiveness is needed, even at the risk of being completely wrong. So that's just The Wall. Nothing for wimps!
Ultimately it's a matter of extremely dogged perseverance and iron will to win.

(No no, this is of course complete rubbish, luck plays a big role)

---
This article above is clearly a joke article and indicated criticism to the organizers is not meant seriously! :!:
On the contrary, after I've already lost some interest in Uru Life, this event has brought back fun to me in the Cavern. My approval to the TOC-Team for the effort in preparation and execution of this event. And as I said during the tournament, the little bugs that occur here and there in the game are "the icing on the cake" ("das Salz in der Suppe", oder das "Zuckerhäubchen"). Within time you can embosom them, can you?

---
On this occasion, I do not want to let it be unmentioned that I am quite aware of that some Uru-fans on Myst Online are not idle and provide almost regularly events there in the Cavern. Unfortunately they do not make it my taste.
And just being online to be online to get a reason for to donate, that's not my thing, sorry.
I, for my part, can live with more or less long intervals between attractive events with small improvements or innovations to Uru Life. And then we all will meet together again in the Cavern! Whether Uru Life can survive this way, I cannot evaluate.

I also would like to mention that there are quite more, far more modern online-games out there...
And as The Wall tournament shows, competition is a tough business...
Anyway! May Uru Life continue to be beyond good and evil...

But I'm a Pragmat so do not expect too much sympathy from me. :|
Jogi

Postby janaba » Sun 25. Aug 2013, 15:20

A wonderful speech and toast to an awesome event and its organizers with a humorous and empathic touch and approach esp. as to the woes and pains, but also the joys for the championship participants ... :P

Thank you, Jogi, for the dedication and taking the time to put this together and for the great pictures of your trophy and the video monitors, which were a nice surprise provided by the TOC team and proved to be so very useful and convenient ... I agree with the 'icing on the cake' and as an Uru 'oldtimer' I also agree with what you've stated for yourself as to the development and the handling of Uru and participation in events every now and then ... Yeah, thanks again to you, the TOC team and all who contributed to the fun by now and in the probable future ... :D
janaba

Next

Return to Events