Login    Register
  • Author
Re: Story Discussion Thread

Postby Mystler » Fri 30. Dec 2011, 14:55

Spoiler:
Sometimes, "sapience" will only come if you are not alone...
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Postby RockArdemar » Tue 3. Jan 2012, 11:24

Cpt-Jericho wrote:I posted a chatlog of the even here, in case anyone is interested ;)

Thank you Captain :)
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

MOULa KI#: 34143
TOC-MOUL KI#: 42627
DI KI#: 235532
Gehn Shard KI#: 17785
Minkata KI#: 70951

Postby Cpt-Jericho » Wed 4. Jan 2012, 22:43

Well, as the /chatlog command wasn't working in CoD, I'll try to give an account of the events that happened a few minutes earlier:
Spoiler:
We were talking to Mr Rosenqvist in his office about the first hint (i.e. the scrap of paper on his desk) and what it meant. Some people were suggesting that the deciphered message could be a key or a password. But for quite a while we tried to find out what it opened. It didn't work on Kmails nor as a message for the imagers. Neither did a KI command with a slash work. However, someone typed the word in clear textchat and the virus updated. I don't know if you have to update your own KI by yourself or if it triggered automaticly all KIs.
Anyway, now the way the virus behaves has changed: Some words get replaced by other words with numbers (#number word#). My theory is, that all words that get changed will give a message if put together correctly. The numbers represent the place in that message where the words belong to. It still changes names in the chat window. But now these names aren't just mixed up avvie names. If you write those names in textchat window you get a message of a code. The information given is a number with two decimals for each name you write.
As for those numbers, I have no explaination now. But for the words that have numbers attached to them, there is a Kmail with what words we found so far. Including the numbers. This Kmail should be editable for everyone and if it works like in MOULa, everybody would get the update. So, if you find out more words, please add them including the number they came with ;)
Equal amongst other in the Guild of Sleepers
TOC Status: Image
Cpt-Jericho

MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Postby G. Sylar » Thu 5. Jan 2012, 22:19

Can someone tell me once how the storyline has progressed? I've kind of lost the plot? Or missed an event? I do not know. :( If there was one event? Was that because announced here in the forum? Certainly can not find what it might indicate. I'm probably not up to date? After the wall has fallen, and the piece of paper with the information in the office on Rosenqvist has appeared, I was still looking. Have I missed something then or what?

Apparently the virus has been disabled? I've noticed.

If there are events which are always announced in advance but actually is not it? Please give me a nudge times so I do what are they really?

For all I care about PM. And please, without this mystery.

regards,
Sylar

(sorry for the lousy englisch!)
G. Sylar

MOULa Name: Sylar
MOULa KI#: 14011585
TOC-MOUL Name: Sylar
TOC-MOUL KI#: 2440

Postby RockArdemar » Fri 6. Jan 2012, 09:45

Hello Sylar.
Well, there hasn't been any specially announced event.

I returned from Xmas holidays a few days ago and went to the CoD immediately to see what was new. There I found some new books in Mr.Rosenqvist office and read them, as well as the new entries in the diary on his desk. That gave me the general information about the situation and all the updates I needed.

Also, I checked this forum and observed that Mr.Rosenqvist would be available for us from 2nd January on.

Last wednesday in the afternoon, I saw on this forum Mr.R was in his office so I rushed into the game (even though I had other plans for that evening) in order to see what was going on. We were quite a few there, and together we advanced. We got passed through the virus and entered next stage, where we had to reveal a message from the Dark Guild.

Mr.Rosenqvist left and a few of us stayed until late trying to figure out the words of the message. Plutonia started a list on the KI Messenger and we managed to almost complete it that very day. It was all very spontaneous.

Then, there were the Names. Suddenly, our names in the chat line would change to some other names. We suppose these may be the names of the Dark Guild members. When we entered these names in the KI chat, a number was given for each name. So that puzzle too made us stay until late and discuss between us what could it be and how to proceed.

We progressed, and went on thinking even after leaving the game, considering different possibilities, and exchanged opinions through private messages on the GoSleep Forum (guildofsleepers.org).

Then, yesterday afternoon, again, I saw the CoD was crowded so I went in, obviously. Then we talked about the puzzles, looking for the missing parts of the message and trying to find out what to do with the numbers. When Mr.Rosenqvist came, we had some very specific questions for him.

So when you arrived, we were in the heat of the moment, discussing with Mr.R our progresses and the possibilities. Of course, if you hadn't read the new diary entries and the book, and without knowing about our progress the day before, you felt lost. I tried to slip you a few comments, but I must admit I was mostly concentrated on the main conversation. I am sorry. There is no mystery, it's just how the things went spontaneously, and without any organised event.

Anyway, we have posted our progresses in the GoSleep forum, using the spoiler tags to hide the parts you wouldn't want to see if you'd like to solve the puzzle by yourself.

If I can help in any way, I am at your disposal. For the moment, I would suggest reading the texts in Mr.Rosenqvist's office and the Forums, and watching the Online Status to see when there are explorers in there and in particular Mr.R himself.

Greetings, and all the best!
R
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

Postby G. Sylar » Fri 6. Jan 2012, 20:43

Thank you for this detailed description RockArdemar! Thank you. I did not attend, unfortunately, all too much time every day to the events in the TOC. And yes of overriding storyline progresses quite quickly. I personally would find it better if they would agree to such riddles hours appointments. For example, one that also is staging such smaller meetings on weekends only. But as I should rather turn to the TOC team when it comes to something like that. :| I'm just something if you could schedule appointments in the future, could prepare any better. If you missed this, "In between action," it's always as if you had missed a section to read in a book. And no one knows more about what it is. But my opinion is this. Does not mean any harm (@ The TOC team)! I know there's an old storyline. As had been solved quite well. ;)

So again thank you for this extensive reconnaissance Rock! A good tip with the Guild of Sleepers forum. Funny that just stand there and not here about the whole story in the discussion thread. Anyway, I'm only now even a whole piece smarter than yesterday. :D

Only one thing I still do not understand. How can I now bring the virus into the KI was up to date? Because apparently it is not yet updated with me? I do think that I've tried everything. Have the code 'fncvrapr' on the KI-Chat (Age player) input. It is set in an KI-mail. But nothing seems to make a difference. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or maybe you have to decode only slightly from the code and then enter the decrypted word? I had already something out there. But the word of what I had out there makes no sense. If I continue in this regard because someone could help I would be very grateful!

It is very important for me that I am of the storyline as possible record everything! The reason why? I can not name yet.

If that is not to be betrayed because it could contain a solution, I can gladly send a message about the KI! My number is #2440. Do not forget! It is important for the later days! That is my mission. 8-)

I thank you ever so in advance.

PS: I'm sorry if I came across yesterday somehow stubborn!

Sincerely,
Sylar
G. Sylar

MOULa Name: Sylar
MOULa KI#: 14011585
TOC-MOUL Name: Sylar
TOC-MOUL KI#: 2440

Postby Cpt-Jericho » Fri 6. Jan 2012, 21:50

G.Sylar wrote:Only one thing I still do not understand. How can I now bring the virus into the KI was up to date? Because apparently it is not yet updated with me? I do think that I've tried everything. Have the code 'fncvrapr' on the KI-Chat (Age player) input. It is set in an KI-mail. But nothing seems to make a difference.

Maybe I can bring some light into this: On that specific evening Rosenqvist shared a bit of knowledge about the virus. He said the virus was registering if someone else was in the same age and acted differently then ;)
G.Sylar wrote:It is very important for me that I am of the storyline as possible record everything! The reason why? I can not name yet.

Feel free to roam the Sleeper's Forum for information. I (and I think everybody else, too) post there to have information availible for everybody who is interested.

Edit: I understand why you were a bit upset that you missed it. But as Rock stated, this event started spontaniously when Rosenqvist gave us that little snippet of information. After that things were more or less out of control. If you need any hint or help, I'll try to grant it to you if I'm online. You will find my KI number on the online list :)
Equal amongst other in the Guild of Sleepers
TOC Status: Image
Cpt-Jericho

Postby RockArdemar » Sat 7. Jan 2012, 11:06

Hi Sylar :) You're most welcome

G. Sylar wrote:And yes of overriding storyline progresses quite quickly. I personally would find it better if they would agree to such riddles hours appointments. For example, one that also is staging such smaller meetings on weekends only. But as I should rather turn to the TOC team when it comes to something like that. :| I'm just something if you could schedule appointments in the future, could prepare any better. If you missed this, "In between action," it's always as if you had missed a section to read in a book. And no one knows more about what it is. But my opinion is this. Does not mean any harm (@ The TOC team)! I know there's an old storyline. As had been solved quite well. ;)

I think it is difficult to organise, because there are different explorers from different time-zones and with different availabilities and circumstances. So, there may -and should- be a common (and announced) event here and there but in between I believe we are supposed to explore and progress on our own, alone or in teams. It is always better to team up with a smaller group of buddies, because you can brainstorm more easily and take into account different opinions and ideas.

I am playing also the wonderful Contes de la Caverne adventure on MOULa, a thrilling role-playing mystery game, with lots of interesting characters that you have to interact with in order to reveal not only the solution(s) to the storyline but also get some amazing new insights on D'ni history and culture. Now, there I team up with two mates, and we progress as we can, there is no rush. If one of us discovers something new, he shares it with others through e-mails and a private site we set up for this purpose. But there's no rush, we have all the time, and we'll finish it some day. It's like being in a book or a movie which adapts to our own rhythm. At present, we are finishing the chapter 2, but there are also other teams on chapters 3 and 4.

I still don't know whether the Ancient Book of Fate will be similar in this sense - allowing different explorers or teams to advance in different speeds, or we are supposed to go all together at the same pace. But you can surely consult the Authors about that.

G. Sylar wrote:Only one thing I still do not understand. How can I now bring the virus into the KI was up to date? Because apparently it is not yet updated with me? I do think that I've tried everything. Have the code 'fncvrapr' on the KI-Chat (Age player) input. It is set in an KI-mail. But nothing seems to make a difference. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or maybe you have to decode only slightly from the code and then enter the decrypted word? I had already something out there. But the word of what I had out there makes no sense. If I continue in this regard because someone could help I would be very grateful!

Have you really tried everything? Even some old ideas of yours, that you published in this very thread? Maybe the Emperor was right? ;)

Good luck and looking forward to meeting you soon in the CoD!

R
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

Postby Opa » Sat 7. Jan 2012, 14:40

RockArdemar wrote:[...]I still don't know whether the Ancient Book of Fate will be similar in this sense[...]

The story is mainly designed for groups of explorers (in the best case the whole server). There will be some puzzles which will be solved for everyone if one person solve these puzzles (mainly the puzzles whiche causes a chapter transition), so that all player on the server are more or less in the same chapter. But there will also be puzzles, which everyone can solve to every time, alone or in groups.

Opa
Opa

Postby RockArdemar » Sun 8. Jan 2012, 13:11

Thank you Opa :)
Spoiler:
I don't know if Sylar was the first person to crack the first code, but apparently he was the first one to post it here.
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

PreviousNext

Return to Events