Login    Register
  • Author
Re: Crashes significantly more frequent after update.

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Mon 25. Aug 2014, 14:14

Vaughan wrote:Because of my marker problem I played all ages with a new Account and a new Avatar. There were no crashes at all. As soon as I am in the COD it crashes every few minutes.
I have the impression that the Chrashes occur especially at those points where the camera in 3rd person view perspective is changing during the movement of the avatar, and on those points where the Tardis appears.

yes, it is my impression too. the crashes happen in COD and because of something in COD. but COD was our fav place of all and now we have to avoid it :( if tardis is creating the problem i think it is not worth it. just to see it sometimes is not worth losing one of the best URU playgrounds. and we can't even see it because we crash before it even happens lol
well, whatever the reason i hope they fix the problem soon :)
Zesty of Xeniphers

MOULa Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
MOULa KI#: 20053
TOC-MOUL Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
TOC-MOUL KI#: 250135
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
DI KI#: 218448
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Postby RockArdemar » Tue 26. Aug 2014, 13:53

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:if tardis is creating the problem i think it is not worth it.

In my opinion, the Tardis is very pertinent precisely now that the 8th Series has started and we have a new Doctor. :)

It would be a pity to discard it - not only for the opportunity of the moment, but also for all the work the Team have put in it.

I do join your hopes for a fix for all those who have problems in the CoD before long, and am sure the Team will debug it efficiently at their earliest convenience, as so many other times before.

Besides, who knows, maybe the occasional Tardis sightings are just a point of an iceberg, and there is a larger project in the pipeline! :) Let's hope for that, too. ;)
Last edited by RockArdemar on Tue 26. Aug 2014, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

MOULa KI#: 34143
TOC-MOUL KI#: 42627
DI KI#: 235532
Gehn Shard KI#: 17785
Minkata KI#: 70951

Postby Vaughan » Tue 26. Aug 2014, 15:45

It is about finding sources of error. We do not abolish the Tardis surely. :shock:
The team is great and the work with the COD is time consuming. Maybe we are able to give advice on how to isolate the error .

And we also hope that the Tardis the the start of a larger project. That would be great. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Es geht darum Fehlerquellen zu finden. Wir wollen den Tardis sicher nicht abschaffen. :shock:
Das Team ist großartig und die Arbeit mit der COD ist zeitraubend. Wir wollen nur Tipps geben wie man die Fehler eventuell einkreisen kann.

Und wir hoffen auch das der Tardis der Start eines größeren Projektes ist. Das wäre toll. :D
Vaughan

MOULa Name: Vaughan
MOULa KI#: 34641
TOC-MOUL Name: Vaughan
TOC-MOUL KI#: 318005
DI Name: Vaughan
DI KI#: 240154

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu 28. Aug 2014, 11:17

i don't know what is causing the problem. but whatever it is and as nice as tardis might be, kirk and i and some other players could not and cannot even see it. there are too many crashes to ever start playing in TOC/COD not to mention enjoy it.
however, i do hope that the TOC team will find a solution in the near future. and a "larger project" ? YES, YES, YES !!! and one more YES from me :D that would be awesome !
Last edited by Zesty of Xeniphers on Sun 31. Aug 2014, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby calroger » Thu 28. Aug 2014, 22:58

I have a possible theory. Knowing nothing about the internal workings of TOC-Moul, I am basing this theory on observation and my own computer knowledge. There have always been problems with crashes on or around the boat. I know that the boat operates in its own environment that is separate from the rest of the cave. I seem to recall someone saying that the Tardis also operates in its own environment.

I think (just a theory) that there is some kind of detrimental interaction taking place between the mobile environments of the Tardis and the boat with the fixed environment of the cave. I don't know if it is the physics of the different environments or some kind of boundary problem. On the boat, I have had a number of crashes when stepping off the boat. In that situation, my avatar is briefly partly in one environment and partly in the other. It's kind of like on the Starship Enterprise when you have one foot on the transporter pad and one foot off.

In the case of the Tardis, I have never been able to get close enough to it to know if it is causing crashes.

I have had other crashes when I was nowhere near the boat or the Tardis. Sometimes, I crash when rotating in place (e.g. move mouse with right button held down.)
Since Tardis, I always crash when exiting the program.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit on an HP Pavilion with quad-core processor at 2.8 ghz and 6 gb ram. I have 1.2 tb (1200 gb) total storage on three disks.

I don't think I am reporting anything new. I am merely collecting several observations and theories into one place. I sincerely hope this might help the TOC team with their troubleshooting. If I can be of further assistance with information, observations, and/or testing, I would be very happy to do so.

Cal
Last edited by calroger on Sun 31. Aug 2014, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
HP Pavilion P6347C, AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor, 2.80 ghz
nVidia GeForce GT640 Graphic card
6 gb RAM
1.2 tb (1200 gb) on three drives
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

MOULa Name: Retiredman
MOULa KI#: 16603428
TOC-MOUL Name: Akon
TOC-MOUL KI#: 208406
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard Name: Retiredman
Gehn Shard KI#: 124834

Postby Mystler » Fri 29. Aug 2014, 11:15

Thanks for all your reports so far! This is definitely something we have to look into in order to make TOC stable for everyone again. Alas, I'm currently in a situation where I can't do much about it. I'm not at my URU-Dev machine for another month and I still have work to do and a paper to write. However, I will do my best to debug it extensively once my schedule empties. I'm sorry, but it might take until mid or end of October until the next update. I hope you understand. :|
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
DI KI#: 0

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sun 31. Aug 2014, 08:17

thank you mystler :)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun 31. Aug 2014, 09:58

I also Thank You Mystler..
Wamduskasapa

MOULa Name: Wamduskasapa
MOULa KI#: 69106
TOC-MOUL Name: Wamduskasapa
TOC-MOUL KI#: 273767
TOC-TPOTS Name: Wamduskasapa
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 56165
DI Name: Wamduskasapa
DI KI#: 208762
Gehn Shard Name: Wamduskasapa
Gehn Shard KI#: 12181

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed 3. Sep 2014, 15:56

TOC is stable again for kirk and me ! many thanks to a wonderful TOC team 8-) .
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed 3. Sep 2014, 17:48

For me TOC is Stable - The City of Dimensions is NOT...
Wamduskasapa

MOULa Name: Wamduskasapa
MOULa KI#: 69106
TOC-MOUL Name: Wamduskasapa
TOC-MOUL KI#: 273767
TOC-TPOTS Name: Wamduskasapa
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 56165
DI Name: Wamduskasapa
DI KI#: 208762
Gehn Shard Name: Wamduskasapa
Gehn Shard KI#: 12181