Login    Register
  • Author
Inactive or Banned

Postby mdonehoo » Sat 5. Mar 2016, 23:13

I established a new account (mdonehoo) a few days ago, but I cannot log in. I get an error message that the account is either inactive or has been banned. I have seen some references to this on the forums, but they have all been many months ago, and I did not find a definitive solution in the discussions.

When I first established the account, I received the email with the activation link, and I clicked it and selected a password. The webpage said I was activated. I then downloaded and ran the installer (Windows 10), apparently successfully. When I tried to log in, I got the message I mentioned above.

I tried changing the password. The website again said I was now activated, but I got the same message.

I uninstalled TOC-MOUL and reinstalled it, but that did not help.

I established a different account (mikedonehoo) with a different email address, but that did not help.

I have a Mac with a working Wine port of MOULa (emulating Windows 7), so I tried installing TOC-MOUL in that. I got the same error message for both accounts.

I have tried everything I can think of, to no avail. The problem seems to be on the server. Can you think of anything I have forgotten?
mdonehoo

MOULa Name: MikeyD
MOULa KI#: 2406373
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Inactive or Banned

Postby Mystler » Mon 7. Mar 2016, 11:57

While I take I look at what was causing the issue, I activated the account "mdonehoo" for you. You should be able to log in now. ;)
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Postby mdonehoo » Mon 7. Mar 2016, 22:43

Yes indeed, I was able to log on. It is now downloading another round of updates following the successful logon. Vielen Dank! I forgot to note earlier that for the second ID, "mikedonehoo," I never received an initialization email. I wonder if I misspelled my email address? Anyway, you can feel free to delete that ID if you wish. Thanks again for your help.
mdonehoo

MOULa Name: MikeyD
MOULa KI#: 2406373

Postby kaival » Thu 1. Dec 2016, 22:44

I have the same problem as I tried to log on for the first time after activation today. User name kaival. I use Win 7 on a PC. I used my Hotmail account for activation.
I addition, when joining the forum today I got a message saying that my email address was not allowed, which has been my main address for over 10 years. To join this forum i used my yahoo account which I rarely visit.
kaival

MOULa Name: Rundi
MOULa KI#: 6386563

Postby kaival » Mon 5. Dec 2016, 20:36

I'm in now, thanks :)
kaival

MOULa Name: Rundi
MOULa KI#: 6386563

Postby J'Kla » Thu 9. Feb 2017, 13:56

I was having a similar issue with a gmail acccount and using my yahoo mail fixed the problem.
J'Kla

MOULa Name: J'Kla
MOULa KI#: 182261
TOC-MOUL Name: J'Kla
TOC-MOUL KI#: 78280
DI Name: J'Kla
DI KI#: 39888

Return to Technical Discussion