Login    Register
  • Author
Introducing the TOC Repair tool

Postby Mystler » Sun 19. Feb 2012, 22:35

Hiho,
I have spent this afternoon for creating a small tool that is helping with troubleshooting. In case of problems with your files the tool can re-copy your data and delete your TOS.txt to force the patcher to validate the files. The goal of the tool is to automatize such processes and to make it more easy for unexperienced users to fix file problems.

In the future, I plan to add other features that can help to "repair" the TOC-Moul client.

The tool is located in your TOC directory and is called "TOCRepair.exe".
I hope it is helpful! :D

------

Hiho,
ich habe mich heute nachmittag mal rangesetzt ein kleines Programm für die Fehlerbehebung zu schreiben. Bei Problemen mit den Dateien kann das Programm diese neu kopieren und eure TOS.txt löschen um somit den Patcher zu zwingen die Daten zu überprüfen. Das Ziel des Programms ist es solche Prozesse zu automatisieren und es unerfahrenen Nutzern einfacher zu machen, Probleme mit den Client-Dateien zu beheben.

Für die Zukunft plane ich das Tool um weitere Funktionen zur eventuellen "Reparatur" des TOC-Moul Clients zu erweitern.

Ihr findet es im TOC Ornder mit dem Namen "TOCRepair.exe".
Ich hoffe es ist hilfreich! :D

Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Introducing the TOC Repair tool

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed 31. Jul 2013, 22:49

hello. my partner and i are new to TOC. we successfully installed it to our computers but my partner has problems with sound in the game. all sounds and music in the game are distorted for him. he has MOULA installed on the same computer and no problems with sounds there. we thought of running this repair tool but we don't know how to use it. it asks for MOULA path. could you please explain what we have to do and why my partner has sound problems in the first place when playing TOC? thank you in advance.
Zesty of Xeniphers

MOULa Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
MOULa KI#: 20053
TOC-MOUL Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
TOC-MOUL KI#: 250135
DI Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
DI KI#: 218448

Postby Mystler » Thu 1. Aug 2013, 09:42

I don't think the TOC Repair tool will help you in your situation. It is just a tool to help you with copying files from your MOULa installation or forcing the Launcher to check you have the correct files.

Bad news is that I don't know why he could have sound problems. I haven't heard of something like that yet.
Please check that all windows updates and drivers are up-to-date. Maybe you can also give me more information on the system he is using?
Mystler
Development Manager

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu 1. Aug 2013, 16:58

hello again mystler. we checked sound driver and it is up to date. here is the info that you asked: ASPIRE 5750 , 2GHZ CPU / 2.9 GHZ BOOST , INTEL HD GRAPHICS 3000 UP TO 1760 MB DYNAMIC VIDEO MEMEORY , 4GB RAM , WINDOWS 7
please note he has no sound problems with MOULA only with TOC
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu 1. Aug 2013, 17:29

also repair tool is not working :( it says MSVCP100.dll is missing (which is not because it is there) and we are at our wits end... we don't know what to install and why it is not working... and the digital artifacts that he gets randomly (not all the time but often enough - when his avatar is running or something is moving or if he wants to play the little audiovisual game in COD all he gets are crackling, hissing and banging digital artifacts)
note: he can hear music in TOC fine, only action sounds are distorted
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Mystler » Fri 2. Aug 2013, 09:58

Oh, the repair tool is the only part of the TOC client that is still running on the MSVC++ 2010 runtime, try to install this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5555.

But I doubt this will fix the sound problem.
Since it looks like you are using a laptop, maybe it helps to install the OpenAL redistributable https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/743689/oalinst.exe. (Link to my Dropbox as their original website is down right now...)
Mystler
Development Manager

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu 8. Aug 2013, 08:23

the sound problem got fixed by itself a few days ago after one month of playing ! we don't know what happened... the game didn't want to start out of a sudden and kept saying there is no enough space on a hard disc. i suggested running the launcher with the administrator (although we have already done it in the past) and the game started and on our huge surprise all the problems that my partner had in game (sound and jerkiness of movements) where gone ! and all is good ever since. lol doesn't make any sense and we have no idea why but it is working and we are happy :)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Return to Technical Discussion