Login    Register
  • Author
Re: The City of Dimensions

Postby Jogi » Tue 19. Mar 2013, 23:00

Maybe some cheat commands might bring back fun to you.

Spoiler:
"/spawn" catapults you to interesting places, not only in CoD/Ae'gura

a "/jump 100" while running in the right direction does its magic :o
Jogi

MOULa Name: Jogi.de
MOULa KI#: 16673208
TOC-MOUL Name: Jogi
TOC-MOUL KI#: 103367
TOC-TPOTS Name: Jogi
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 36461
DI Name: Jogi
DI KI#: 142405
Gehn Shard Name: Jogi
Gehn Shard KI#: 32678
Minkata KI#: 0

Postby calroger » Wed 20. Mar 2013, 00:19

NellieBly, I thought you determined several weeks ago that the object was an inverted cone that fell down the cliff. When you look down, you are seeing the base of it. I have seen it and that is what is looks like to me.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
HP Pavilion P6347C, AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor, 2.80 ghz
nVidia GeForce GT640 Graphic card
6 gb RAM
1.2 tb (1200 gb) on three drives
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

MOULa Name: Retiredman
MOULa KI#: 16603428
TOC-MOUL Name: Akon
TOC-MOUL KI#: 208406
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard Name: Retiredman
Gehn Shard KI#: 124834

Postby Annabelle » Thu 21. Mar 2013, 01:30

AlanD wrote:
From reading around the forums, it seems the old physics can be accessed by using a special client. Can anyone tell me if that's true in ToC?
Now I've started looking for the Journey Cloths in CoD and the bevin. Well, it's new content to me :)

1st) The Skydiving client or The Skydiver client as most people are referring to is a client for MOULa server only. It doesn't bring "physics" like you were used to in TOC until recently.

Let me try something synthetic... More or less since almost a year we have been thru a lot of changes in physics.

We have had & still have all of them available:

1) old physics
2) actual physics
3) broken physics
4) future physics
5) reworked physics

MOULa
Normal client: MOULa 1.906 -> MOULa 1.912 (old to actual)
Skydiving client: MOULa 1.906 -> MOULa 1.912 -> MOULa Skydiving client (old to actual then revert to old)
MarkerEditor client: release with the broken
plClient (for scripts/testing): went from old to broken

Gehn
old until july 2012
broken from july 2012 to december 2012
reworked since december 2012

TOC MOUL
old until august 2012
broken from august 2012 to february 2013
reworked since february 2013

Minkata Test Shard
old until may 2012
actual from may 2012 to november 2012
future since november 2012

As you can see, we can have access to 5 different physics behaviours depending on which shard we are playing or for MOULa, on which client we are using.

For TOC MOUL specific, as you can see you were using the "broken" physics until recently, what I called the "monkey climbing". So the old physics you are referring to are already long gone. Only the skydiving client gives us the opportunity to play with them.

You could always request the TOC team to revert to the "broken" physics except I can say for sure their answer will be N-O. These physics were broken. We had our fun with them but we need to move on... We can still go inside the foggy room in the Tokotah building, it's just harder now ;)

2nd) Don't look too hard for the "2 journey clothes" in the hood. You won't find them there. I just stated that there were evidences of the possibility of them to have been planned at some point in the past. They weren't included and they never figured in any list of objects related to the Neighborhood age.
Annabelle

MOULa Name: Annabelle
MOULa KI#: 3632553
TOC-MOUL Name: Annabelle
TOC-MOUL KI#: 4827
TOC-TPOTS Name: Sophie
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 25444
DI Name: Annabelle
DI KI#: 28877
Gehn Shard Name: Annabelle-Sophie
Gehn Shard KI#: 10268
Minkata Name: Annabelle-Sophie
Minkata KI#: 4247

Postby NellieBly » Fri 22. Mar 2013, 01:30

Warm thanks to GiGi for her new marker game, which I was able to follow (after falling the first time)... some exhilirating jumps in there. Here's a picture from right next to the arch (which I soon discovered was not solid).

Jogi wrote:There is another, indirect path Grandbad showed me, and GiGi has a Marker Game therefore:
Starting at Plaza heading to the Great Canyon... (more will not be revealed ;) )

NellieBly

MOULa Name: NellieBly
MOULa KI#: 20259397
TOC-MOUL Name: NellieBly
TOC-MOUL KI#: 214235
Gehn Shard KI#: 0

Postby NellieBly » Fri 22. Mar 2013, 13:02

There is no longer any doubt, Cal ;)

calroger wrote:NellieBly, I thought you determined several weeks ago that the object was an inverted cone that fell down the cliff. When you look down, you are seeing the base of it. I have seen it and that is what is looks like to me.
Cal

NellieBly

MOULa Name: NellieBly
MOULa KI#: 20259397
TOC-MOUL Name: NellieBly
TOC-MOUL KI#: 214235
Gehn Shard KI#: 0

Postby calroger » Fri 22. Mar 2013, 17:56

No pictures, Nellie,
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
HP Pavilion P6347C, AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor, 2.80 ghz
nVidia GeForce GT640 Graphic card
6 gb RAM
1.2 tb (1200 gb) on three drives
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

MOULa Name: Retiredman
MOULa KI#: 16603428
TOC-MOUL Name: Akon
TOC-MOUL KI#: 208406
Gehn Shard Name: Retiredman
Gehn Shard KI#: 124834

Postby AlanD » Sat 23. Mar 2013, 15:23

jogi wrote
Maybe some cheat commands might bring back fun to you.

Thanks yogi. That certainly helps, even if it is a bit like being flung from a trebuchet.

Annabel wrote about the physics.

Thanks for the very useful summary of the state of each shard, Annabelle. I too do not expect the TOC admins to pay any attention to a request for the old physics.

I have the test client downloaded and will try to set it up next.

I still look at skydiving as akin to rock climbing, except that I can't see any clues in front of me about the route. I rather suspect that is not helping me very much.
AlanD

MOULa Name: AlanD
MOULa KI#: 20338113
TOC-MOUL Name: AlanD
TOC-MOUL KI#: 209238
DI Name: AlanD
DI KI#: 197802
Gehn Shard Name: AlanD
Gehn Shard KI#: 135624

Postby Annabelle » Sun 24. Mar 2013, 22:19

AlanD wrote:I still look at skydiving as akin to rock climbing, except that I can't see any clues in front of me about the route. I rather suspect that is not helping me very much.

I saw Abjab today in COD and since the last update all the jump commands are back in that age so you can always cheat using /jump XX where XX is in d'ni feet (avatar scale of US feet). I met Abjab inside that foggy room. I took the long way by rock climbing:

hint:
Spoiler:
go near the museum entrance, climb the exterior stairs, turn to your left, climb the rocky cliff on the side of the tokotah building. It's hard but even with only run-jumps you should be able to manage. A lot of folks used to climb there back when we didn't have the "broken monkey-climbing" physics ;) . You just then have to run on the edge and turn the corner to be facing the main courtyard. Run until you are over the tent, drop carefully on it, do not jump, you will overshoot as it's narrow. then you must climb to the corner where you will have the small ledge of the foggy room at waist-line, you do a run-jump in angle to hit the ledge not the room (it's a bear trap). Once on the ledge, be in diagonal with the foggy room and stand on the ledge where the windows are all blackened. Do a run-jump to enter inside the building. Do not try to cross inside building perpendicularly or by crossing thru the foggy room directly.
Annabelle

Minkata KI#: 4247

Postby AlanD » Mon 25. Mar 2013, 20:50

Annabelle wrote

I took the long way by rock climbing:

Spoiler:
go near the museum entrance, climb the exterior stairs, turn to your left, climb the rocky cliff on the side of the tokotah building. It's hard but even with only run-jumps you should be able to manage. A lot of folks used to climb there back when we didn't have the "broken monkey-climbing" physics ;) . You just then have to run on the edge and turn the corner to be facing the main courtyard. Run until you are over the tent, drop carefully on it, do not jump, you will overshoot as it's narrow. then you must climb to the corner where you will have the small ledge of the foggy room at waist-line, you do a run-jump in angle to hit the ledge not the room (it's a bear trap). Once on the ledge, be in diagonal with the foggy room and stand on the ledge where the windows are all blackened. Do a run-jump to enter inside the building. Do not try to cross inside building perpendicularly or by crossing thru the foggy room directly.

Myxa showed me the way to the fog room before the physics got fixed: It required a combo-jump which I'd never done before. I have since got as far as the ledges, but I'd forgotten the middle bit of that route - thanks for the guidance.

I was also shown a couple of routes onto the palace rooftops - one straight up from the courtyard overlooking the canyon and one up to the left of the staircase to the Hall of Kings. I can't follow them now. I wonder if there's still a cat stuck halfway up the rock face :)
AlanD

MOULa Name: AlanD
MOULa KI#: 20338113
TOC-MOUL Name: AlanD
TOC-MOUL KI#: 209238
DI Name: AlanD
DI KI#: 197802
Gehn Shard Name: AlanD
Gehn Shard KI#: 135624

Postby Annabelle » Tue 26. Mar 2013, 14:30

AlanD wrote:Myxa showed me the way to the fog room before the physics got fixed: It required a combo-jump which I'd never done before. I have since got as far as the ledges, but I'd forgotten the middle bit of that route - thanks for the guidance.

I was also shown a couple of routes onto the palace rooftops - one straight up from the courtyard overlooking the canyon and one up to the left of the staircase to the Hall of Kings. I can't follow them now. I wonder if there's still a cat stuck halfway up the rock face :)

As far as I know, you do not need a combo jump to reach the foggy room. I went there the other day without it. You really need to stand at the very top of the tent collision where you will have half your body over the room's ledge. You do a run-jump in angle. You can always run for a split second then run-jump it works.

The routes to the palace rooftops have changed. You can always climb on the stalagmite hill overlooking the canyon starting from the courtyard but jumping from there won't get you where you could before the physics changes. The route starting at the museum is still working, that's the long way that make you jump over the alley to the elevator. The route starting beside it it's shorter still feasible but the steep climb near the doorways at the top of the stairs leading to the palace alcove is very more tough. The climb to the top of the stalagmite right over the Hall of Kings cannot be done now.

I would say you can reach half of palace balconies by normal jumps and half of them using the /jump XX command.
Annabelle