Login    Register
  • Author
The City of Dimensions

Postby Mystler » Mon 1. Aug 2011, 12:57

The CoD-project was started by Filtik on our Alcugs server. The goal of the CoD is to make a second city age with new additions and changes. The advantage is that the players can choose whether they want to visit the original city or the modified one. But what are the differences between the city and the CoD?
Das CoD-Projekt wurde von Filtik auf unserem Alcugs server gestartet. Das Ziel der CoD ist eine zweite Stadt mit neuen Erweiterungen und Änderungen zu erschaffen. Der Vorteil dabei ist, dass die Spieler selbst wählen können, ob sie in die originale Stadt oder in die CoD gehen wollen. Aber wo sind die Unterschiede zwischen city und CoD?

How can I visit the CoD? / Wie komme ich in die CoD?
The City of Dimensions can be accessed via the Nexus. If you have got your KI device in Garrison, just go to the Nexus and open the "TOC Links" Tab. Now click on "City of Dimensions" and link there as usual.
Die City of Dimensions kann man über den Nexus erreicen. Wenn ihr euch die KI in Gahreesen geholt habt, besucht den Nexus und wählt den "TOC Links" Register. Dort klickt ihr auf "City of Dimensions" und linkt euch wie üblich dorthin.

What is new? / Was ist neu?
  • Arr, matey! - Okay, actually it's got nothing to do with pirates but every 15 minutes you can board a boat in the ferry terminal and have a trip to a visitors ship and the Arch of Kerath.
    Arr, Landratte! - Okay, es hat nichts mit Piraten zu tun, aber alle 15 Minuten könnt ihr an Bord eines Boots im Hafen der Stadt gehen und eine kleine Reise zum Besucherschiff und zum Kerathbogen machen.
  • Now, THAT's a pub! - The original kahlo pub has been replaced by a friendlier and newer one.
    Nun, DAS ist ein Pub! - Der originale Kahlo Pub wurde durch einen freundlichen, neuen Pub ersetzt.
  • NEWZFLASH! - There is a English/German Newsticker in the CoD. (Btw, it's in the TOC Hood too.)
    EXTRABLATT! - In der CoD steht jetzt ein deutsch/englischer Newsticker. (In der TOC Hood übrigens auch.)
  • Imagers! - There are several imagers in the CoD.
    Imagers! - Es gibt diverse Imager-Anzeigen in der CoD.
  • Take me high above! - There is also a new elevator in the CoD. You can visit 3 different stages of the city.
    Hoch hinaus! - Wir haben auch einen neuen Fahrstuhl in der CoD. Mit diesem könnt ihr 3 verschiedene Etagen der Stadt besuchen.
  • In soviet D'ni, relto pages collect YOU! - Christopher has hidden a new relto page in the CoD. It will enable (or disable) your personal pet. (more)
    In Sowjet D'ni sammeln die Reltoseiten DICH! - Christopher hat in der CoD eine neue Reltoseite versteckt. Diese aktiviert (oder deaktiviert) euer persönliches Haustier. (mehr)

What does not work yet? / Was funktioniert noch nicht?
The list of not working things is in our Bug thread.
Die Liste der nicht funktionierenden Dinge ist in unserem Bug thread.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: The City of Dimensions

Postby Mystler » Wed 3. Aug 2011, 11:36

Entry for christopher's pet page added. :D

Eintrag für Christopher's pet hinzugefügt.
Mystler
Development Manager

Postby Annabelle » Fri 5. Aug 2011, 04:42

A big thanks to you Mystler!!!

Your new shard is much better than the previous...in fact i had to get rid of it since I cannot log to the alcugs shard anymore (I mean the TOC, I still go to DI and UAM shards).

I enjoyed every bit of my explorations in the CoD. I liked the cliff ride I made in the back of the island and my way up from the docks to top of the "concert hall mountain".

Can I suggest some a modification which would add more excitement?

Removing the panic link zone in the library area would give everyone access to the lakeshore area, all solid between the opening for boats and the canyon river. I went there "easily" knowing this area from MOULa. In your shard, I made it quite "easily" doing a "/float" somewhere on your "added" library courtyard and experimenting with different heights doing "/jump -X" where X was in a range between -100 and -200 to figure out where I would be safely standing below the panic link zone to be able to "/nofloat" myself to land on the lakeshore banks :D

One more thing...

In the palace courtyard that you opened up, at one point in the staircase between that courtyard and the tokotah courtyard, we can easily jump on a middle section between 2 balconies. There are 2 doors, 1 on each side...problem is that both doors lead to a sudden death if you are not fast enough to respawn or just spawn anywhere else. Whether put collisions there or open new rooms ;) .

That's all for now.

I still wonder where the cat is, I need a skydiver companion. The cat is the perfect animal for me: a cat always lands on its paws, almost like me in fact.
Annabelle

MOULa Name: Annabelle
MOULa KI#: 3632553
TOC-MOUL Name: Annabelle
TOC-MOUL KI#: 4827
TOC-TPOTS Name: Sophie
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 25444
DI Name: Annabelle
DI KI#: 28877
Gehn Shard Name: Annabelle-Sophie
Gehn Shard KI#: 10268
Minkata Name: Annabelle-Sophie
Minkata KI#: 4247

Postby Mystler » Fri 5. Aug 2011, 11:52

Thank you! We are happy you are enjoying our mods! ;)

Removing the panic link zone in the library area would give everyone access to the lakeshore area, all solid between the opening for boats and the canyon river. I went there "easily" knowing this area from MOULa. In your shard, I made it quite "easily" doing a "/float" somewhere on your "added" library courtyard and experimenting with different heights doing "/jump -X" where X was in a range between -100 and -200 to figure out where I would be safely standing below the panic link zone to be able to "/nofloat" myself to land on the lakeshore banks

I don't really know where you mean. Maybe it would help you to know that you can go past the closed door (ferry linkin point area) whre the bahro stone to Teledahn is located.

In the palace courtyard that you opened up, at one point in the staircase between that courtyard and the tokotah courtyard, we can easily jump on a middle section between 2 balconies. There are 2 doors, 1 on each side...problem is that both doors lead to a sudden death if you are not fast enough to respawn or just spawn anywhere else. Whether put collisions there or open new rooms

Yeah, Filtik opened some doors for future use. It is quite dangerous to use them.^^

I still wonder where the cat is, I need a skydiver companion. The cat is the perfect animal for me: a cat always lands on its paws, almost like me in fact.

Well, you should investigate the courtyard. It's in your avatar's head height. :D

EDIT: And yepp, the cat will skydive with you, even though it will look a bit strange (especially for other players). ;)

Good look!
Mystler
Development Manager

Postby Corvus » Fri 5. Aug 2011, 12:44

The City of Dimensions is a great place to explore. I haven't seen the whole city yet, but I love the additions you made and I have seen so far. The pet is awesome, I very much like the raven. I'm looking forward to see more of the city. Thank you for running this shard.
Corvus

Postby Mystler » Fri 5. Aug 2011, 13:05

Hehe, thank you! Guess whom Christopher got the idea to make a raven from... ;)
Mystler
Development Manager

Postby Alien » Tue 23. Aug 2011, 10:31

I have a question about the disco area.
I notice in the folder I installed TOC to that I have a folder called "MyMusic" and in that is a folder called "TOC-codDisco".
How does this folder work?
I thought if I put a few MP3s in there, that when I went to the disco area, they would play through the speakers, but I get nothing.

I appreciate that with everything you are having to do, this may not be working yet, and that is ok, there are bigger problems to address first. I am just curious how it is supposed to work is all.

Oh and completely unrelated, I would like to suggest a name for the passenger boat you can visit in CoD ... TOC Boretanic :lol:
(it's not a criticsm, honest, it just came to me last night while I was stuck on it waiting to leave)
How to use some Not So Basic Commands in TOC

TOC is Image
Alien

MOULa KI#: 14279348
TOC-MOUL KI#: 201394

Postby Opa » Tue 23. Aug 2011, 11:00

The disco can only play .ogg and .wav files. It's not possible to us to include a mp3-codec (because of licensing issues). And boat in the city should leave every 15 minutes.
Opa

MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Postby Alien » Tue 23. Aug 2011, 12:41

Ok, I tried some ogg and wav files and yes, they do play, but too slowly !!!
So, after some trial and error ... here's how I fixed that:
I opened up Audacity and imported my MP3 (in this case Torn by Natalie Imbruglia)
In the edit menu I selected all then in the effect menu I selected Change Speed.
In the box that pops I selected the numbers and typed 100.000 this doubles the speed (that's pitch & tempo)
Then I exported it as a wav file to the TOC-codDisco folder.

The folder can also do live updating ... you can stay in the disco area and add to the folder, then just press the play button in the disco area to play the folder again (the play controls are on the left wall as you look at both floor speakers).

In short, the disco area plays music at half speed.
EDIT - not every track plays at half speed, but for those that do ... the method above should work

Another question ... I take it that as each of us has our own TOC-codDisco folder, we each hear our songs, not each others?
How to use some Not So Basic Commands in TOC

TOC is Image
Alien

MOULa KI#: 14279348
TOC-MOUL KI#: 201394

Postby Mystler » Tue 23. Aug 2011, 14:19

Yeah, i'll post some information on the disco soon.
And yes, you can only listen to your own music.
Mystler
Development Manager

Next

Return to General Discussion