Login    Register
  • Author
Oktobrfest Music on Cable TV

Postby calroger » Wed 1. Oct 2014, 00:04

If you are in the USA and have access to Comcast-Xfinity, they are currently playing Oktoberfest music on the On Demand Music Choice channel "Sounds of the Seasons". That's channel 941 in my location. I don't know how long this programming will continue, probably a couple of weeks.

Just for your information.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
HP Pavilion P6347C, AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor, 2.80 ghz
nVidia GeForce GT640 Graphic card
6 gb RAM
1.2 tb (1200 gb) on three drives
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

MOULa Name: Retiredman
MOULa KI#: 16603428
TOC-MOUL Name: Akon
TOC-MOUL KI#: 208406
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard Name: Retiredman
Gehn Shard KI#: 124834
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Oktobrfest Music on Cable TV

Postby calroger » Fri 3. Oct 2014, 01:02

I see that someone moved this message to "Off-Topic". I posted it in the "General" forum. Although the message does not pertain to the TOC-Moul game, this is a German based website and Oktoberfest originated in Germany (as far as I know.) The post is a tribute to our German hosts and recognition of the work they have done and continue to do to make this excellent site available to us. I should have made this more clear in the original post.

I apologize if someone was offended by the post although I don't see why that would happen.

By the way, I just learned yesterday that Oktoberfest got its start as a horse race.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
6 gb RAM
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

TOC-MOUL Name: Akon
TOC-MOUL KI#: 208406
Gehn Shard Name: Retiredman
Gehn Shard KI#: 124834

Postby janaba » Fri 3. Oct 2014, 12:21

You're very nice, Cal, I somehow knew how you've meant it to be understood by us Germans, I had to smile when I read that yesterday, and I thank you for that ... :P

Of course, many people might think that the Oktoberfest is a very German tradition and embraced by all Germans, but I can tell you that that is not necessarily so, and I am glad about that fact and development in Germany that we're more and more free of 'old traditions' and such patriotic and (old seemingly) cultural (german) stuff, which in the end (not necessarily in the beginning) is just big business and leads to unnecessary separation and distinction (in the sense of alienation) from 'others' (humans, nations, cultures and whatever life forms etc.) ... 8-)

What I want to say, Cal, is that we're more and more international, some or even many are celebrating the Oktoberfest and just enjoying it, esp. children in the daytime, but also other traditional, international festivities/holidays are being honored, because we're almost flooded with brothers and sisters from around the world lol, so this is happening naturally, and so, sth like Oktoberfest doesn't ring anything special inside of many of us anymore (for many still, but for many not anymore ... like that) ... Thank you very much for your lovely thoughts and goodwill however ... :D

I'd like to add that I'm of course not speaking for our TOC team here, I just said it the way I've sensed and understood it from just my humble point of view ... :mrgreen:
janaba

MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0

Postby Mystler » Fri 3. Oct 2014, 21:00

Yeah, cal, thanks for the information. Although I don't really have a connection to the Oktoberfest, it's a hot topic, atm. Thank you for the nice gesture! ;)

Since the Oktoberfest is not related to the TOC shards, I took the liberty of moving this thread to the Off-Topic section. I don't think people expect to see an Oktoberfest thread when they visit the General Discussion forum for a specific shard.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
Gehn Shard KI#: 0

Postby calroger » Sat 4. Oct 2014, 00:29

Janaba and Mystler,Thank you for your comments. I think there must be hundreds of Oktoberfest celebrations in the US. There are two in relatively close proximity to my location, one in downtown Portland and the other in the small town of Mt. Angel, about 40 miles south of Portland. The celebration in Mt. Angel is significantly larger than the one in Portland. I am not a beer drinker so have never been to either one. However I love the German and Bavarian Polka music. Consequently, I was pleasantly surprised to find the music playing on a local cable music channel.

Thanks TOC team for all your hard work and when I heard the music, you were the first ones I thought of.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
6 gb RAM
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger