Login    Register
  • Author
Some news

Postby Mystler » Mon 15. Oct 2012, 18:28

Heya,
since I am now living in my university's town for 2 weeks and starting to become comfortable I will be able to investigate some more time in TOC-Moul again. Alas, I'm not the big creative mind for content, so there will be no epic content updates from my site but at least I can start to pull the latest GoW updates and some other stuff that might be cool more often.

The next small update will arrive in probably 1-2 weeks and until then you can enjoy TOC-Moul as it is now or maybe check out Minkata, Gehn, the fan ages on our TPotS Server or even Guild Wars 2 and the like.

In case you want some inspirative ambient music or just want to know whether I was completely absent, you can also listen to my latest Riven-like song. ;)
http://soundcloud.com/mystler/mysterious-garden

Greetings and
Have Fun! :D
------
Heya,
seitdem ich nun schon 2 Wochen in meiner Universitätsstadt lebe und langsam anfange mich wohlzufühlen, werde ich in Zukunft wieder etwas mehr Zeit in TOC-Moul stecken können. Leider bin ich nicht der große kreative Kopf, sodass es von mir wohl keinen epischen neuen Content gibt, aber ich kann wenigstens wieder häufiger die neusten Updates der GoW sowie weiteres cooles Zeug auf den Server spielen.

Das nächste kleine Update wird wahrscheinlich in 1-2 Wochen erscheinen und bis dahin könnt ihr gern TOC-Moul, wie es momentan ist, genießen oder vielleicht Minkata, Gehn, die Fanwelten auf unserem TPotS Server oder sogar Guild Wars 2 und dergleichen ausprobieren.

Falls ihr ein wenig inspirative Hintergrundmusik benötigt oder einfach nur wissen wollt, ob ich nicht vollständig abwesend war, könnt ihr auch meinen neusten Riven-artigen song anhören. ;)
http://soundcloud.com/mystler/mysterious-garden

Grüße und
Viel Spaß!
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Some news

Postby Charura » Tue 16. Oct 2012, 18:35

That song is great!!!.... :shock:
Charura

Postby Seppolo » Wed 17. Oct 2012, 18:00

Da hast du aber ein paar wirklich sehr interessante Musikstücke dabei! Mir würden da einige gefallen die ich vielleicht für den ein oder anderen Film gebrauchen könnte. :D Natürlich nur wenn es dir recht ist?

Vielen Dank für diesen Hinweis und das du dir die Arbeit machst. Ich werde da jetzt mal öfters reinschauen. ;)

Mfg
Seppolo
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

MOULa Name: Seppolo
MOULa KI#: 132492
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0
TOC-TPOTS Name: Seppolimo
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 26723
DI Name: Seppolo
DI KI#: 47085

Postby Mystler » Wed 17. Oct 2012, 19:54

Ich habe prinzipiell kein Problem damit, wenn du meine Musik verwenden willst. Kontaktiere mich am besten privat, dann bekommst du Näheres. ;)
Mystler
Development Manager

Postby calroger » Wed 17. Oct 2012, 21:11

Mystler, I had no idea that you were an accomplished musician. I listened to all of your tracks and they are great. Your command of the keyboard and synthesizer is excellent. Any chance of getting a copy of the MIDI files for those tracks? I have a Casio WK-210 which I use primarily to play organ and piano music. I have been trying out some of the synthesized sounds on some Enya selections.

I have the Fate of the Ages game but it has been so long since I played it, I have forgotten what the music sounds like. Is your Fate of the Ages track from (or for) that game or is it an original composition having nothing to do with the game?

Keep up the good work with your music and with TOC.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
HP Pavilion P6347C, AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor, 2.80 ghz
nVidia GeForce GT640 Graphic card
6 gb RAM
1.2 tb (1200 gb) on three drives
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

MOULa Name: Retiredman
MOULa KI#: 16603428
TOC-MOUL Name: Akon
TOC-MOUL KI#: 208406
Gehn Shard Name: Retiredman
Gehn Shard KI#: 124834

Postby Mystler » Wed 17. Oct 2012, 21:57

Midi files could be a bit complicated, I only have the sources for my latest productions and I also use audio tracks plus the MIDI tracks. So, to create MIDIs, I recommend you to do it the "classic" way and write the score by listening to the original and trying to repeat it. I also do a lot by playing a melody (composed by myself or an existing one) that I currently have in mind and improvising chords and additional parts. That, however, requires a feeling for harmonies, chords and intervals. Unfortunately, I never really learned to play an instrument (except the trumpet and the flute). All I know about playing keyboards or guitars, is what I figured out by myself using my theoretical knowledge...

The Fate of Ages song was supposed to be a remix of a theme (in the prologue, iirc) of the game "Aura: Fate of Ages" by The Adventure Company.
Mystler
Development Manager

Postby janaba » Thu 18. Oct 2012, 20:46

Wonderful Music, Mystler ... Yes, Mystler is not only a wonderful but also a very creative person, folks ... :P

On Itep's forums he even had his own forums section back in the days for his creations .. He's a great
musician as you all know by now and he's also a great storyteller and he presented some graphical
Terragen pieces there etc. ...

Thanks for sharing, Mystler, and I wish you a great and successful time at your new place in the
university's area, and it is wonderful, now that you've settled there a bit, that you have more
energy and time to be more relaxed and creative again ... Take care ... :D
janaba

MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0

Postby Mystler » Sun 4. Nov 2012, 02:17

Just an FYI because I am far beyond the announced 1-2 weeks. I am still waiting until a fix for the window mode is tested and merged, so have no actual date for you yet, please be patient. ;)
Mystler
Development Manager

Return to Off-Topic