Login    Register
  • Author
Markers in marker game

Postby Hawkster » Fri 17. Jan 2014, 20:02

Making maker game and my markers when testing the game I just walk though them and they do not do anything need that fix if you can.
Hawkster

MOULa Name: hawkster
MOULa KI#: 15541714
TOC-MOUL Name: hawkster
TOC-MOUL KI#: 0
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard KI#: 0
Minkata KI#: 0

Re: Markers in marker game

Postby RockArdemar » Fri 17. Jan 2014, 21:38

Hello Hawk

We've already tried to help Ms Xenipher with this a few months ago : cf. this topic (in spite of the caps in the title ;) ), but the markers are not available yet.

Cheers!
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

MOULa KI#: 34143
TOC-MOUL KI#: 42627
DI KI#: 235532
Gehn Shard KI#: 17785
Minkata KI#: 70951

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat 18. Jan 2014, 15:01

RockArdemar wrote:Hello Hawk

We've already tried to help Ms Xenipher with this a few months ago : cf. this topic (in spite of the caps in the title ;) ), but the markers are not available yet.

Hm, "markers are not available yet" ? In spite of the small letters ;) I am not sure I understand what that sentence means :( Does it mean you are working on the bug ? I hope so :)
Anyway, Hawk is right, we tried many games and no game that the 3 of us tried were working :( It is such a shame because the possibility to play and create marker games would attract more people to TOC. 3 people were very interested to try ours and now disappointed to hear that they are not working. :?
Zesty of Xeniphers

MOULa Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
MOULa KI#: 20053
TOC-MOUL Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
TOC-MOUL KI#: 250135
DI Name: Zesty of Xeniphers
DI KI#: 218448

Postby RockArdemar » Sat 18. Jan 2014, 17:56

Hi Ms Xenipher! :)

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:I am not sure I understand what that sentence means

Caps usually mean shouting. That was one of the reasons why I misinterpreted your tone back then.

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:Does it mean you are working on the bug ?

I am not a programmer, just an explorer. But I said "yet" since I remembered Mystler's comment about some objective complications involved, so I gathered that this particular fix may not be high on the priority list for the moment.

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:It is such a shame because the possibility to play and create marker games would attract more people to TOC.

An interesting question would be - do we want more people in the OC? The main MOULa is full of people, and all kind of unpleasant situations between them. Some of us have retired of all that drama to quieter and nicer environments like the Open Cave precisely, where everybody is nice and helpful and no one gets bullied out of a door run just for not writing English good enough, for instance. ;)

But of course, this is subjective. I don't know whether the shard was meant to be massively popular or not, but I personally like it this way. When I need to do marker games, for instance, I go to the MOULa.

Anyway, I do hope for you (and all other players interested) that this can be solved in a near future, since it will probably bring other improvements along.

Greetings, and have a nice weekend! :)
Last edited by RockArdemar on Sat 18. Jan 2014, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

Postby Mystler » Sat 18. Jan 2014, 18:48

Markers seem to working fine for me. o.O

Unfortunately, I'm not really up-to-date on this issue and if it's a server bug, I doubt there will be a fix. The MOSS developer has not been active in years and the MOSS code is beyond what I want to touch in such cases. :(
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat 18. Jan 2014, 21:29

RockArdemar wrote:An interesting question would be - do we want more people in the OC? The main MOULa is full of people, and all kind of unpleasant situations between them. Some of us have retired of all that drama to quieter and nicer environments like the Open Cave precisely, where everybody is nice and helpful and no one gets bullied out of a door run just for not writing English good enough, for instance. ;)

Well Kirk and I have been bullied on several occasions in MOULA and spreading lies about us is one of them. Regarding people who don't speak or understand English well I suggest they make sure they REALLY understand what has been said before accusing anyone. I am not afraid to say that a Spanish player whose name I can't remember now (will probably remember later) for some reason started to spread a story about Kirk and me refusing to take him on a door run just because he doesn't understand English which is a complete nonsense. Now let me assure you, that story is NOT true. We refused to take him AFTER he proved to be unreliable and used to abandon us in the middle of the process more than once without any explanation. Spreading lies about people out of jealousy or god knows what other reasons is one of the reasons MOULA has become a place many of us do not want to visit any more. And sadly MOULA is not full of people any more either. It has nothing to do with the number of people but rather with the quality of people.

Anyway, this really has nothing to do with the topic so please let us not digress and instead of being assumptive and subtly accusative try to be understanding and helpful for a change.
Last edited by Zesty of Xeniphers on Sat 18. Jan 2014, 23:03, edited 3 times in total.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat 18. Jan 2014, 21:41

Mystler wrote:Markers seem to working fine for me. o.O

Unfortunately, I'm not really up-to-date on this issue and if it's a server bug, I doubt there will be a fix. The MOSS developer has not been active in years and the MOSS code is beyond what I want to touch in such cases. :(

Thank you Mystler. It is good to know.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Gigi » Sun 19. Jan 2014, 02:06

I have made a few marker games, myself and sometimes they "ping" and sometimes they don't.
Most of us have known about this and wish they would work right, but we just have to do with what we have.
Zesty has made many amazing games in Moula and she has only wanted the same in TOC.
As for the drama in Moula, I hardly go there myself. I have found it very distasteful as a game due to many
different things, but mostly of a few individuals who think they are the "bosses" of the city. I am a long time
player and have noticed the falling of many aspects in Moula. Some of these individuals are very bossy and rude
and mean.
Even though I and others do still love Moula, we just don't enjoy it as we once did due to some of these people
changing the real URU Live. No offense meant, but it is only my opinion.
Let us have fun if we can.
Gigi

MOULa Name: Gigi
MOULa KI#: 0
TOC-MOUL Name: Gigi
TOC-MOUL KI#: 319227

Postby RockArdemar » Sun 19. Jan 2014, 02:55

Gigi wrote:As for the drama in Moula, I hardly go there myself. I have found it very distasteful as a game due to many
different things, but mostly of a few individuals who think they are the "bosses" of the city. I am a long time
player and have noticed the falling of many aspects in Moula. Some of these individuals are very bossy and rude
and mean. Even though I and others do still love Moula, we just don't enjoy it as we once did due to some of these people
changing the real URU Live.

I know what you mean Gigi, and I feel exactly the same. That's precisely why I am suspicious and defensive when there's a bully alert. If Ms Xenipher really isn't the new boss around, then there will be no reason whatsoever for conflicts :)

Gigi wrote:Let us have fun if we can.

That's the point. We are here for the game, and for the fun, after all. :)
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

Postby RockArdemar » Sun 19. Jan 2014, 03:11

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:... for some reason started to spread a story about Kirk and me refusing to take him on a door run just because he doesn't understand English which is a complete nonsense. Now let me assure you, that story is NOT true. We refused to take him AFTER he proved to be unreliable and used to abandon us in the middle of the process more than once without any explanation.

Thank you for that information. I will bear it in mind.

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote: Anyway, this really has nothing to do with the topic so please let us not digress and instead of being assumptive and subtly accusative try to be understanding and helpful for a change.

Actually, this was "for a change". Normally, I am understanding and helpful most of the time. So ok, let's reset and leave the assumptions behind :)
KI 42627 - FB | T
RockArdemar

Next

Return to Bug Reports