Login    Register
  • Author
Re: Can't access two markers in Bevin

Postby Annabelle » Sat 17. Nov 2012, 01:23

On MOUL environment, there are 6 markers in the neighborhood.

On TPOTS environment, there are 2 markers in the neighborhood, 3 in Kirel and 1 (in the neighborhood) that belongs to the yellow markers (after completing the greens & reds).

The 6 markers are in the exact same positions. You just have to split your search in TPOTS between Kirel & Neighborhood.

Make sure to go to TPOTS' Kirel (through Phil's Relto) and not MOUL's Kirel (bahro stone linking in city) while playing on the Alcugs version of TOC.
Annabelle

MOULa Name: Annabelle
MOULa KI#: 3632553
TOC-MOUL Name: Annabelle
TOC-MOUL KI#: 4827
TOC-TPOTS Name: Sophie
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 25444
DI Name: Annabelle
DI KI#: 28877
Gehn Shard Name: Annabelle-Sophie
Gehn Shard KI#: 10268
Minkata Name: Annabelle-Sophie
Minkata KI#: 4247

Postby calroger » Sat 17. Nov 2012, 04:21

This is interesting since in TPOTS, I don't have a Kirel. I have Seret and Guild Neighborhood. Seret is the reverse of the home neighborhood just reversed. Guild Neighborhood is the same orientation as home neighborhood. Neither has any markers. I found another marker I couldn't collect in one of the balconies, don't recall which one.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
HP Pavilion P6347C, AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor, 2.80 ghz
nVidia GeForce GT640 Graphic card
6 gb RAM
1.2 tb (1200 gb) on three drives
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

MOULa Name: Retiredman
MOULa KI#: 16603428
TOC-MOUL Name: Akon
TOC-MOUL KI#: 208406
TOC-TPOTS KI#: 0
DI KI#: 0
Gehn Shard Name: Retiredman
Gehn Shard KI#: 124834
Minkata KI#: 0

Postby calroger » Sat 17. Nov 2012, 04:24

Annabelle, where is the link to Phil's Relto? I didn't think any of the links at Phil's place worked. I'll have another look if I can find it again.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
6 gb RAM
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

Postby calroger » Sat 17. Nov 2012, 05:13

OK, I found Phil's Relto, again and see now that there is one linking book that is accessible. It leads to Kirel as you say. However, I have completed the two marker missions so no markers appear anywhere. Is there a way to redo either or both of the first two missions?

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
6 gb RAM
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

Postby Mystler » Sat 17. Nov 2012, 12:06

Afaik, you can only play the marker missions once per character, but I'm not sure.
Mystler
Development Manager

MOULa Name: Mystler
MOULa KI#: 150272
TOC-MOUL Name: Mystler
TOC-MOUL KI#: 346
Gehn Shard KI#: 0

Postby Annabelle » Sat 17. Nov 2012, 18:44

Thx Mystler or whoever who kindly deleted my 2nd post... I'm still wonder why I can't do it myself ;)

That's true Mystler, you have to play again from scratch with a new avatar.

@ Cal: Seret is the 3rd neighborhood, alongside Bevin and Kirel. It's a long explanation and it would take a lot of time to explain the origins. Let just say it's a hood that looks like any normal neighborhood.

You will find 4 "neighborhoods" in TPOTS:

1) TOC Neighborhood: which is the hood where every explorer is a member. (found in Nexus or bookshelf)

2) Seret: which is the "re-creation" of a cannon hood that existed back in 2002-2003 in first URU Live maybe even back to Beta. (found in Nexus)

3) Guild Neighborhood: MOULa version of Kirel with balloons and display tables with Guilds' t-shirts. (found by linking by bahro stone then will add a link in brown city links book)

4) DRC Neighborhood: TPOTS version of Kirel with Bob O'Goobo code working and linking bahro stones to city locations + markers. (found in Phil's Relto bookshelf, you must go back there everytime)
Annabelle

Postby calroger » Sun 18. Nov 2012, 20:48

Thank you, Annabelle, for the useful information. After reading your post, I deleted my latest new avatar (jeremiah) and created a new one (ubuntu). With the new avatar, I completed the steps necessary to get to Phil's relto and Kirel. There, I found more markers and Bahro stones than I have ever seen before. Thanks again.
Spoiler:
The basic steps are complete the cleft (takes me about 10 minutes), get a ki, go to great zero observation chamber, complete all of Teledahn

There is still one marker that eludes me. There is a marker somewhere around the left front corner of the library. I think it is accessed from the outside walkway on the upper level. My ki is detecting the marker, both from the ground level and from the walkway but I cannot find it to claim it. I think it is somewhere around the journey cloth.

Have a good day.

Cal
Cal (Akon in game)
---------
6 gb RAM
Windows 10 Home Edition
Directx V.11
calroger

Postby Ehren » Mon 19. Nov 2012, 08:37

Annabelle wrote:You will find 4 "neighborhoods" in TPOTS:

In a sense, there are really only 2 Neighborhoods: Bevin and Kirel. Kirel just has two versions. "Seret" is really just a broken version of the Neighborhood files converted from MOUL. At best it is another Bevin. If it were up to me, "Seret" would be deleted from the game completely.

But, it's not my server, so I just respect that it's not my choice to make. The best I can do is the type of manual conversions and changes I choose to do for the offline version.
Ehren

MOULa KI#: 52872
TOC-MOUL KI#: 301538
DI KI#: 150122

Postby Annabelle » Wed 21. Nov 2012, 02:58

calroger wrote:There is still one marker that eludes me. There is a marker somewhere around the left front corner of the library. I think it is accessed from the outside walkway on the upper level. My ki is detecting the marker, both from the ground level and from the walkway but I cannot find it to claim it. I think it is somewhere around the journey cloth.

I think you should go down to the lower level, you'll find it :)

The main difference between MOUL's markers and TPOTS' markers are the range in which they are active. Even standing outside, near the library wall, you are in the array of that lower marker in library in TPOTS only.

--------------------

@Ehren: There's a reason why they brought that "Seret" age to life back... You might find it like a broken version of a MOUL's bevin but it's not the reality...

They (guys from the GoW) had to start with something...they took an age easily fashionable: a MOUL's hood. Since TPOTS has already a bevin, we can have a 2nd hood coming from another platform. We have 2 K'veer, 2 Kirel for example.

Now, for the "broken" part. Seret was a neighborhood that never got a working fountain (at time DRC discovered it) and the meeting room had never been opened to public and other details. People who brought back "Seret" to life did that to respect canon.

The whole debate over whether to call a hood a hood or a bevin revolves on that too. "A bevin" doesn't exist. Bevin exists, it's a hood. Seret exists, it's a hood. But there's no equation bevin = hood. On TPOTS, Bevin is by default. On MOUL, they made a mistake by not fixing it. There are some neighborhoods "Bevin-like" and some neighborhoods "Seret-like". They aren't Bevin or Seret so they cannot therefore be called "bevin" thus explaining why they fixed this issue by renaming every "bevins" by proper name "neighborhoods".

On MOUL: A "Bevin-like" hood has "hand symbol" lamps and a "Seret-like" hood has "moth" lamps.

On TPOTS:

This is a picture taken in Bevin

This is a picture taken in Seret
Annabelle

Postby Ehren » Wed 21. Nov 2012, 09:38

Annabelle wrote:@Ehren: There's a reason why they brought that "Seret" age to life back... You might find it like a broken version of a MOUL's bevin but it's not the reality...

They (guys from the GoW) had to start with something...they took an age easily fashionable: a MOUL's hood. Since TPOTS has already a bevin, we can have a 2nd hood coming from another platform. We have 2 K'veer, 2 Kirel for example.

Had to start with something? They could have not started it at all. I agree with most of the things that Drizzle wants to make a second instance of: Watcher's Pub (even has separate file names), Kirel, K'veer, and even Ahnonay's engineer hut.

Kirel had a fairly significant change to it. K'veer and the Watcher's Pub had huge changes. Neighborhood really didn't... after awhile it gets to be too many second versions. We never had a Seret in MOUL anyway, so it is not canon to call it that. You may not consider any of them in MOUL as being Bevin either, but CC had its Neighborhood equivalent already labed Bevin.

Why not only import the stuff worthwhile from MOUL's neighborhood to CC's neighborhood? No reason to try to recreate a 'hood that came from Uru's history, where they all looked almost completely the same. Maybe Seret is important enough to Uru's history to be remembered, but not recreated.

I'm not going to get into the reasons for my disagreements regarding the MOUL/Bevins debate here...
Ehren

MOULa KI#: 52872
TOC-MOUL KI#: 301538
DI KI#: 150122

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports